Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round Of Each Tournament on Tuesday 15th May

• 12-05-2007 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Round Of Each Tournament on Tuesday 15th May @ the Sporting Emporium

Pot Limit Hold’em/Omaha tournament

Buy in €25 + €5

Starting Stack 2,000

Re-buys €25

1st Re-buy 2,000
    2nd Re-buy 2,500
    3rd Re-buy / Top up 3,000

Max 3 Re-buys!

Blind Structure
    25 50
    50 100
    75 150
    100 200
    150 300
    200 400
    300 600
    400 800
    600 1200
    800 1600
    1000 2000
    1500 3000
    2000 4000
    3000 6000
    4000 8000
    6000 12000

Please note:
    This event is being run by the Sporting Emporium and all events at this location are commercial unless otherwise stated.
    All tournaments start at 9pm sharp unless otherwise stated.
    “”We ask all players as a courtesy to each other to arrive at least 30min before the event to ensure a prompt start time.””
    All players must be at least 21 and be a member of the club.
    All tournaments are No-Limit Texas Hold’em unless otherwise stated.
    Structures and starting stacks are set in relation to the size of the buy-in and may be amended or changed at the tournament director’s discretion. (We always make an effort to give maximum value for all our players.)
    All tables are dealt to the highest standard.
    Card room rules available on request (amended TDA rules in practice in the club)
    As normal practice the Tournament Director / Floor person’s decision is final.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Its about time too. If people play this game, it might give the omaha cash game a better chance of taking off on a regular basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd be more inclined to play it if the Hold'em was NL..

PL Hold'em turns people into utterly dependent imbeciles who lose the ability to make a bet and just state 'POT, POT POT' on all streets.

PL Hold'em slows the game down so much...

my 2centsmall.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The-Rigger wrote:
    PL Hold'em slows the game down so much...
    It doesn't if you have a dealer that is comfortable with pot limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

If you want to make it a more skillful game, why not drop the rebuy aspect and make it a freezeout instead. I would play play it but i hate rebuy crap shoots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

max spend 100 yea?! this would be better as 30 buy in with one rebuy or top up, allows for one gambool in omaha!! and 60 is cheaper than 100 and we all know i play with scared money! that said, unless someone makes a cheaper roe game i'll have to play on tuesday!

lloyd cant play on tuesday as he is a holdem only player, not a poker player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

ditpoker wrote:
    max spend 100 yea?! this would be better as 30 buy in with one rebuy or top up, allows for one gambool in omaha!! and 60 is cheaper than 100 and we all know i play with scared money! that said, unless someone makes a cheaper roe game i'll have to play on tuesday!

lloyd cant play on tuesday as he is a holdem only player, not a poker player.
    eh fitz Saturday max spend 85.
    Its good to see this game take off, as a bit of competition the fitz game is a total crapshoot.
    Would play this when i get back into the scene again.

What time is this due to kick off at? I might play but will struggle to get in before 9.

eh fitz Saturday max spend 80.
    Its good to see this game take off, as a bit of competition the fitz game is a total crapshoot.
    Would play this when i get back into the scene again.
    Small difference, but still worthy of the below comment:

FYP.

one concern about this is the 2k starting stack, with 2k, 2.5k, and 3k rebuys. why not make it a 70 freezeout and just give the 6k or 7k. would be much better. 2k is nothing, you HAVE to rebuy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I raised my concern about the structure with John last Thursday. As with most things, he reckons he is right - but he is open to the possibillities of change for future weeks if it is bad.

There will probably be a lot of Omaha hands in the first level that go:

UTG: "I have two extra cards!!". Call.

UTG + 2: "Three Nines!! Yay!!. I'll play them like a cunning fox." Call

UTG + 3: "AAxx". Pot!!

UTG + 4: Call for value.

Hijack: Ditto.

Cutoff (Jbravado or Baker1 type pro roulette player / degenerate gamblor): "POT IT BLIND FOR TEH WIN AGAINST THE FISH LOLZ!!!!". Re - pot.

Dealer: "I have 2233. Two pairs!!". Call

Blinds: Value calls.

Initial limpers call. AA dude repots all - in. Everyone gets it in. Meh.

• Advertisement

so lloyd you playing!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭baker1

LuckyLloyd wrote:

Cutoff (Jbravado or Baker1 type pro roulette player / degenerate gamblor): "POT IT BLIND FOR TEH WIN AGAINST THE FISH LOLZ!!!!". Re - pot.

Is there any other way to play? Hope you'll be playing Lloyd. Degenercy is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

This degeno runneruped the monday game last following aforementioned strategy.Waterford is a freerole.
    Anyone else playing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Yes, despite my limited Omaha ability. I'll be the guy thinking

This might be too good value to miss. I am all prepared for some interesting Omaha play, and an early exit.

ditpoker wrote:
    so lloyd you playing!?

Yes. Grumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

If i make it to this I hope Im drawn at the same table as The Chief

jbravado wrote:
    This degeno runneruped the monday game last following aforementioned strategy.Waterford is a freerole.
    Anyone else playing this?

Congrats on last night Sam. Although i think at one stage you were nearly crying looking at the value a the cash tables and not being able to join them!

I'll be in for the ROE game tonight, cant miss out on a gamblefest like that now can i..

Flushdraw wrote:
    I'll be in for the ROE game tonight, cant miss out on a gamblefest like that now can i..
    This structure will suit the best blind Omaha player in Dublin. So I would say that you have a considerable edge over the field.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    This structure will suit the best blind Omaha player in Dublin. So I would say that you have a considerable edge over the field.

I havent been running well in blind omaha of late Lloyd. JBravado seems to be the man! looking forward to the challenge though..SHIP IT!

• Advertisement

If i make it to this I hope Im drawn at the same table as that know it all lloyd
    Thems fighting words Noel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Any feedback on how this game went ?

35 Runners contributed around €2800, so lots of rebuys

Was a good fun tournament

The rebuy period was very gamle-filled and a bit crapshooty. Multiple all ins during the omaha round were common
    Freezeout period was much better, plenty of play, even at the final table

The holdem was much looser than the average holdem game.

The standard of Omaha was better in general than I thought it would be although a few players attempted to make a flush with one card from their had and 4 from the board etc

And I bubbled :(

I wrote a report earlier that didn't submit before the datastore errors earlier!! :(

Anyway:

Structure wasn't great. It was all pre - flop gambol stuff before the break (apologies to all those that I dogged - including Dom). There was more play after the break - but a 20 min clock does catch up.

What I think would be great would be a €80ish buy - in Round of each PL DC. 4000 + 4000 - with blinds starting at 25 / 25 and 25 min levels. Then we would really see how bad we all are at Omaha, and would be getting great play in the tournament.

In any case, my tournament effectively ended when I got involved in a three way pot after Jeff tilt jammed for 3400 chips at the 400 / 800 level. After a checked flop I potted a Qc6s5s8c turn while holding Ac5c8h8d (potting in omaha is not good I know) leaving myself 5,000 chips behind. An older donk with more chips than God flat calls after a shrug of his shoulders (he liked calling - raising wasn't really his thing). Spade on the river and I have no option but to fold to his all - in. He of course shows that he called the turn with the bare spades. Nice. 35k pot shipped in his direction. Well played etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I raised my concern about the structure with John last Thursday. As with most things, he reckons he is right - but he is open to the possibillities of change for future weeks if it is bad.

There will probably be a lot of Omaha hands in the first level that go:

UTG + 2: "Three Nines!! Yay!!. I'll play them like a cunning fox." Call

UTG + 3: "AAxx". Pot!!

UTG + 4: Call for value.

Hijack: Ditto.

Dealer: "I have 2233. Two pairs!!". Call

Blinds: Value calls.

Initial limpers call. AA dude repots all - in. Everyone gets it in. Meh.

lol this actually happened me the first time i played the ROE in the fitz.

I had AAKQ ds.

get called down by a guy with 3 nines in his hand. he rivered the case nine for the win lol

i wouldnt play this again with the current structure. you HAVE to pay minimum 75 quid so why not just make it a 70 freezeout. with 2k chips in front of you during omaha at the 50-100 level at a certain point it becomes incorrect to fold any hand. player on our table (i think baker1) wins a 7-way-all in and has 25k+ early on, and now im meant to buy in for 2k... i'd play a deepER stacked double chance, would prefer a freezeout, or even a straight omaha game, no holdem, say a 50 Omaha Freezeout with decent stack. i'd play that most weeks and it would give alot of people a cheap way to learn omaha. but 25 rebuy crapshoot, not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭baker1

ditpoker wrote:
    i wouldnt play this again with the current structure. you HAVE to pay minimum 75 quid so why not just make it a 70 freezeout. with 2k chips in front of you during omaha at the 50-100 level at a certain point it becomes incorrect to fold any hand. player on our table (i think baker1) wins a 7-way-all in and has 25k+ early on, and now im meant to buy in for 2k... i'd play a deepER stacked double chance, would prefer a freezeout, or even a straight omaha game, no holdem, say a 50 Omaha Freezeout with decent stack. i'd play that most weeks and it would give alot of people a cheap way to learn omaha. but 25 rebuy crapshoot, not for me.

I wrote a reply earlier but it got lost in cyber space. I have to agree with you Jeff the structure needs to be tweaked. From the start i suggested a double chance tournie with 2 5k stacks. I think that this would be a good tournie then and would attract a good field and offer good prizepools.

I got to the final table with 25k despite having 45k at one stage. I lost the majority of my chips in bingo[Holdem] and then got my last 20k in on a flop of Qh 4h 5c with A233 against J678 with hearts. My 12 card wrap suddenly became a middler and that was all she wrote. Was good fun though especially when i went 350 blind utg and Lloyd made it1200 blind. That was good degenerecy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

tagh and mick taxi chopped this.

baker1 wrote:
    Was good fun though especially when i went 350 blind utg and Lloyd made it1200 blind. That was good degenerecy

I know how to gambol goot when needs be.

• Advertisement

Yeah the structure didnt work for this game. As Jeff said, it almost feels pointless when buying in for 2500 when most players have you covered. Very little skill involved in the early stages as it was an allin gambolfest.

Alex is going to change this game though. He offered up an $80 DC FO with 4k plus 4k stacks and a 25 min clock so i think this will be in place for the game on 26th June should the majority go for this.

Flushdraw wrote:
    Alex is going to change this game though. He offered up an $80 DC FO with 4k plus 4k stacks and a 25 min clock so i think this will be in place for the game on 26th June should the majority go for this.

im there!

ditpoker wrote:
    im there!

I mentioned you when i was talking to Alex about the game. After you lost your first buyin, you knew it was going to cost you the full whack just to gamble and i dont see the appeal in that for attracting players to the SE. Going there to basically waste €100 isnt the way forward but it was the 1st attemp at a ROE game and they saw that it didnt work

Theres no doubt a different structure would be better for yourself and other students where you feel you can get some play for your money, but when you end up sticking your tank in with 2334 because 5 other have shipped it before you, skill element is slightly lost!! (not that its a bad play jamming with this holding as its more than likely live!)

so this is goin to be a once a month job then?q

so this is goin to be a once a month job then?q

I'm not sure. The SE have their WSOP qualifiers on, so they'll probably use Tuesday to qualify into the €150 satellite and then the main sat is also on a Tuesday

Flushdraw wrote:

That sounds like an improvement and definitely something I'll try to attend

• Advertisement

Flushdraw wrote:

"dot":
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    What I think would be great would be a €80ish buy - in Round of each PL DC. 4000 + 4000 - with blinds starting at 25 / 25 and 25 min levels. Then we would really see how bad we all are at Omaha, and would be getting great play in the tournament.

I'm in anyway.

Flushdraw wrote:
    but when you end up sticking your tank in with 2334 because 5 other have shipped it before you, skill element is slightly lost!! (not that its a bad play jamming with this holding as its more than likely live!)

i was ahead! i was the only player with a pair... and i already had 3 to a flush... thats how this game works right!??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

new rule : lloyd is not allowd to . dot "" or anything to the same meaning!

semibluff wrote:
    new rule : lloyd is not allowd to . dot "" or anything to the same meaning!

QFT

Advertisement