Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truespace 7.5

Options
  • 12-05-2007 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

So I got the latest version of Truespace and I'm testing the render engines.

Render one:

This is using the default TS render.
    40750.jpg

This is the new VRay render engine (you get seperate). Of the three renders this was the fastest.

40749.jpg

Lastly is the "Virtual Light" engine. This was horribly slow but renders based on light bouncing off objects.

40751.jpg

Of the three I prever the VRay one. But looking for a professional opinion. Which one looks more real?

Still trying to figure out how to remove the jagged edge parts. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hobbes wrote:
    Which one looks more real?
    None of them look remotely real, but based on the screenshots and how you've got the renderers set up, the least worst is test3.jpg (default) IMO.
    It's probably not the best scene to be testing renderers with... aren't there any bundled sample scenes with complex meshes and lighting setups?
    I'm of the opinion that when you need a more advanced/fancy renderer, you'll know... no renderer is going to turn a badly made scene into a photo-realistic masterpiece... they all require buckets time and effort.
    Most of what makes a render realistic looking will come from your modelling/texturing/lighting ... an advanced renderer might give you the edge you need to push the realism a bit further with things like HDRI, radiosity or subsurface scattering... but until you feel you need them, I wouldn't give your choice of renderer much thought.

My 2c as a dabbler.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I would of said the VRay one as it isn't actually a circle, more angled mirrors.

I dig out more samples to play with. :)

Advertisement