Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LoL,the UN have made Zimbabwe chair their sustainable economic development committee

Options
  • 12-05-2007 9:35am

This is a perfect example of how useless and in need of reform that sill old UN is these days...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6645715.stm

I mean the country is starving with an inflation rate in the high thousands and a madman for a leader :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I love this bit the best

Zimbabwe's Environment Minister Francis Nheme will now become chairman of the CSD.

Mr Nheme is the subject of European Union travel ban because he is a member of President Robert Mugabe's government.

That means he cannot travel to the EU to meet ministers on commission business.

Inflation is at 2200% to put it in perspective if you are paid on a friday end of month you spend all your wages that day on food etc as by the end of the next two days prices will have risen.

(Idi Amins Uganda ran at 400%)

The only method Mugabes goverment has seen to quell rising prices is the beating of vendors.
    Your money erodes before you. Say that today you have 10 million Zimbabwean dollars ($177 as per the current black market exchange rate) in the bank, tomorrow it will be eight million and at the end of week it will be nothing.
    It is impossible to put your money in the bank - you would lose it all. As soon as you get paid you must spend it, as soon as you can, just to maximise its worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spectacular and only a (dead) body like the UN could manage it.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Maybe the Perm 5 should stop working to hard at making it useless.

You can't make this stuff up.

On Wednesday, it was announced that households in Zimbabwe were to be limited to four hours' electricity a day, between 1700 and 2100 local time.

Theres sustainable economic development for you.
    Even DPNK gives them more than that... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Tristrame wrote:
    This is a perfect example of how useless and in need of reform that sill old UN is these days...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6645715.stm

I mean the country is starving with an inflation rate in the high thousands and a madman for a leader :rolleyes:

Makes sense:rolleyes: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

The United Nations, ladies and gentlemen. Used to stand for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Zambia232 wrote:
    Zimbabwe's Environment Minister Francis Nheme will now become chairman of the CSD.

I take it Mr Nheme is non-caucasian, the only qualification he needs really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ah the United Nations, if ever an organisation needed to be torn down to its foundations and rebuilt then this is it.

It desperately needs to discriminate amongst its membership. I.E. Zimbabwe shouldnt be advising *anyone* on economic development.

Advertisement