Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolers for EVGA nforce 680i SLI?

Options
  • 12-05-2007 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have the evga nforce 680i SLI board, and if so - what CPU, NB and SB heatsinks you may be using?

I'm considering getting the board but the heat is supposed to be a serious issue so I've been considering the HR-05, the HR-05-SLI, and the Ultra 120 extreme from Thermalright, however I havn't a clue if its possible to fit these on the board(one 8800gtx).

From what I've come across in my search so far - it seems that some combo of these would be possible but maybe not all three.

I'm mainly looking for the best heatsinks I can fit on this board and these are pretty much at the top of the list, its just a question whether they all fit?

If I've overlooked anything please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If not overclocking then there is little point in changing the stock heatpipe cooling mechanism.

None of those third party coolers are ideal either as they would interfere with graphics cards is the PCI-e slot as the chipset cooler is very low profile.

You could just consider something like the 650i instead which uses passive cooling so need to worry about heat and just trades two x16 PCI-e slots in SLI for dual x8 in SLI

Advertisement