Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Magherees

Options
  • 12-05-2007 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I might be biased here but I think the nicest walk in Ireland is around the Magherees. It is about 5 miles in length - the first sectiion is along tralee bay then along scraggane bag (you can stop to watch the surfers) and then you finish off walking along brandon bay. I read about it first in a book aout kerry walks that came out a few years ago.

Does anyone else know the walk?

should irish be a compulsory leaving cert subject? 8 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What a bizarre thread... A poll about Irish in schools and the first post is talking about nice walks in Magharees... Lovely place though, out the Magharees...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yes it is a tad bizarre alright but sure while we are on the subject, yes the Maharees is beautiful. Always a treat to go there (once a year normally). Pints in Castlegregory after ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

What a random poll!!

Magharees is a stunning spot though, but its always so busy. I prefer to go further back to Clahane and Brandon myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Fermoyle beach is my chill-out walk.

And, on topic, nothing should be compulsory. It's a forceful word, you should want to do something or not.

• Advertisement

And out of topic again, Fermoyle beach with the Magharees in the background, last Friday morning:

fermoyle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

+1 for Fermoyle!!! One of my fav spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Love the Magharees. Spillane's FTW. Castlegregory is for disco bars. :p

Does anyone else know the walk?

A walk around the Maharees? Lovely spot. Gets a bit crazy during the summer, espec weekends.

Advertisement