Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where's the cheapest for tyres

Options
  • 12-05-2007 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

not very versed in this thing, so it has to be done locally and not eiretyres!

anyone can recommend garages that i can buy tyres from and have it changed for the cheapest price?i dont really mind quality, dont need them to last too long...

Thanks!

In dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

any ideas wheres the best place, decent priced and in dublin

edit: I moved your post into this thread

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What brand of tyres? What size of tyres? For what car? For what type of driving?

Personally I would get the golden pages and ring around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

225/45 17's is what im looking for, for average mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Magnum tyres Drimnagh road

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I got Good Year Eagle F1s 235/45/17 in the tyre place (Advance?) in Donnybrook beside the shell petrol station a few months ago. ~€160 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

dmck2886 wrote:
    225/45 17's is what im looking for, for average mileage

I have eagle f1's in that exact size on my car, i find them very good in all conditions. I got them in discount tyres in Blanchardstown, I think they were around €150 each.
    They are a slightly soft compound so might wear out a little quicker but I would rather have a tyre that grips better for safety's sake.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Neilw wrote:
    I have eagle f1's in that exact size on my car, i find them very good in all conditions. I got them in discount tyres in Blanchardstown, I think they were around €150 each.
    They are a slightly soft compound so might wear out a little quicker but I would rather have a tyre that grips better for safety's sake.

Neil.

The 225/45 17 Eagle F1's are €140 in Discount now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I use eiretyres.com, but budget an additional 10 euro per corner to get them fitted as they deliver to your front door. Usually quite cheap, but sometimes garages work out cheaper. I was nervous at first about using them, but I have used them 4 times now without issue. Heres the prices I payed:

Goodyear Eagle F1's -126euro 225/50/R16
    Toyo Proxes T1R's - 120 euro 225/50/R16
    Bridgestone Potenza RE720's - 75euro 205/60/R15

Prices above excl 10euro per corner to fit.

Advertisement