Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDCP Monitor

Options
  • 12-05-2007 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a HDCP monitor between 20" and 24", I am finding this hard as I dont know really where to look as most places dont specify if the monitor is HDCP. Can anybody give advice on what is the best monitor out there sub €600 that is HDCP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pgleeson

I'm going for this one myself as soon as I have the cash: Samsung SM-226BW 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Glossy Black

But you seem to be able to afford a better one so I'd say you could get a 24":
    Samsung SM-245B 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Glossy Black

Some of the Dell one's are supposed to be pretty good too and all of these monitors support HDCP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I wouldn't worry about HDCP usage if I where you it is very buggy and there are workarounds so that you can play your HD movies on any digital display.

Most PC screens have 1680x1050 resolutions whereas the native resolution of HD movies are 1920x1080 so if you want the full res you'll be wanting something with that resolution which is the more expensive display.

The cheapest is this Acer panel for €665 no HDCP support but positive user reviews here.

If that's too much I'd go with the Samsung 226BW which you can get on Komplett or OcUK or Pixmania which are the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Google about on the Samsung 226BW. Apparently the latest rev is made with an inferior screen than the initial run. Price is still the same though.

Samsung sold all their quality screens on as OEM parts. To LG apparently:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=332012
    Who sell it a bit cheaper. Its an absolutely Godly monitor. Picked it up a month ago, and it really is something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Or you could spend 350€ including vat and delivery and get this 22" WS Dell:

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=88221

I have one, i use it for games and movies and i find it awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The screen issue with Samsung 226BW is better explained here yes they are using a different panel in certain screens but it seems they have not calibrated them, after calibration they are much better. The calibrated profiles are available to download in the article for anyone who got one with the other panel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

I was concerned about this before I bought mine, I got an A panel and it is a fabulous monitor after a little calibration.

No Regrets here

Advertisement