Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over Heads

Options
  • 12-05-2007 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

im new to this part of the fourm and to online pes aswell

Does any1 know how to do over headsa in pes6.. i lost my manual so i cant learn
    it poxy hard

bye the way is there no Bards.ie room online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's tricky to do overheads. The ball has to come in behind the player who you want to do the overhead. You also have to leave it til the absolute last moment before you press the shoot button.

They're not really worth it though, not very accurate and you'd be better off just powering a header in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Plus you probably need a player with something like >80 shot technique / agility.

Ive never scored one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

SofaKing wrote:
    Plus you probably need a player with something like >80 shot technique / agility.

Ive never scored one :(

A guy I was playin against last night neeeearly scored a class over-head, it skimmed the bar, he admitted it was complete fluke. I rarely see them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

scissor kicks are more likely. but seriously a good volley from outside the box can be even more impressive than an 8 yard overhead.

ive only ever scored 1 overhead, the ball came in, the keeper came but fisted it into the air and was waiting for it to come back down to catch it, my striker stood beside him and overhead kicked it out of his hands into the goal.

now thats sticking it in the net when its not expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 eoinaldhino

i remember scoreing 1 with saha from the peno spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You can make them more likely if you want.
    Just go to the training sitution and do this.
    Put in two players, a central defender and a striker.
    Get your defender behind your half way line, and your striker on the edge of the box.

Long ball the ball up to the box with your defender, so that it would bounce roughly on the peno spot.
    Now, the key here is R2.
    You've got to take control of the striker, and move him into an overhead kick position, rather than a control the ball position.
    In this case, you'd have to move him forward a bit.
    Then as if you planned to head the ball timing wise, just shoot, and it should be an overhead kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I scored a beauty with Michael Owen a few weeks ago, lucky enough i had my phone handy to record the replay. Have a look at it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gjFhmSzK4
    :D
    p.s the other goal by a.cole aint bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smithy3000

Here is a guide on how to do overhead kicks = HERE
    At step 1 it says double tap R1, that works but if you just hold R1 it does the same thing and its easier:)

Advertisement