Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things on the ring road

Options
  • 12-05-2007 11:36am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dont suppose anyone else has noticed that they've bolted black lumpy things down in the middle of each of the lanes in both directions on the ring road between the togher bridge and the sarsfield road roundabout.

I've no idea why they're there other than to try knock motorcyclists off their bikes. They match the colour of the road so you dont know they're there until your bike is wobbling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Nope. I had my bike out there Tuesday and didn't notice a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yeah I've seen them alright and thought the same thing, poor motorbike riders, seriously if u were doing 80-100km over those you could end up in Finbarr's GAA pitches! What on earth are they for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaking of things on the ring road, did anyone spot the red hatchback grounded on a crash barrier at the N25 east exit (if heading south) at the Kinsale roundabout/flyover!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

saw that red car earlier.. parked with incredible accuracy at a 45 degree angle :D kudos!

As for those black lumps, I'd say they're doing the traffic monitoring again. Seems to be the time for it. They had the kit out around Douglas a couple of weeks ago for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it'd be much appreciated if they coloured them different to the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ffs, where would the challenge be then? Sounds like you need a bigger bike

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

:) want to get me a bigger bike then?

(my front tyre is punctured atm so no driving for me :( and the replacement would be good)

Advertisement