Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

romantic meal for 2- college student

Options
  • 12-05-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

hey all.

im tryin to plan a romantic night for 2 for me & my boyfriend. i want go for a nice meal. went to lougi mallones before. it was nice but not great like..

we're both college students so i was wondering if anyone could suggest some nice places at not too expensive prices. im willing to pay for some place real nice doh.

oh does anyone know of any fun stuff around limerick city area we could do alwell??

thanks a million
    x x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Le Big Mac? :)

There is a thread further down the page about restaurant recommendations in Limerick. Click here for a read...

Can you give us an idea of budget? €20/€30/€40 per head? More? Less? And are you having wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

anything from €0-60

ya maybe a nice bottle of wine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Jasmine Palace for Chinese or Milano on the Riverfront for Italian....it's farily light on the servings there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

If you are talking €60 a head then more or less every restaurant in Limerick is
    in your price range. If not you can be creative Pick of the bunch is Brûlées on
    Henry Street. They are normally on the expensive side but do an early bird (between 5-7) for €30 a head. Great value.
    If you are driving then i would 110% recommend heading to the Manor in
    Bunratty. Or if ye are steak fans then the Creamery in Bunratty has probably
    the nicest fillet steak ive ever eaten which is one hell of a statement
    considering i eat out 2-3 times a week. Portions there are huge which is
    another bonus.
    If you are staying around the city, moll darbys is nice and romantic
    Just dont go near Luigi Malones or the Texas Steakout whatever happens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Bamboo (which is beside the Texas steakhouse) is quite nice.
    Also there are some nice Indian restaurants around town. Copper and Spice and Pomppadom spring to mind.
    Also for a nice student friendly place have a look at Dolans pub, the food is cheap and maybe ye can catch a gig in the warehouse afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Los Amigos, in between moll darbys and the locke is nice and good value, 4 of us had a meal there, 7 beers, a bottle of wine, 3 starters, 4 mains and 2 desserts and it came to about € 35 a head

thanks a million for all the suggestions. where is molly darbys located? is it across from trinity rooms?? oh and wheres jasmine palace?

jeany all this talk of food is making me hungry!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Moll Darby's is across from the Trinity Rooms beside the Locke Bar and The Jasime Palace is on O'Connell Street.

*edit*

If you're considering going for a chinese - you could check out z-we-ton on Denmark Street.

thanks ya we both love chinese food. i clicked into d link, food sounds fab there. are they busy?? like would you want to book a table or is it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I've only evrey been there midweek around 6ish so I'm not really sure how busy they get after that, but if it's for a weekend night then probably best to book a table.

• Advertisement

it will be bout 5/6 on a friday.

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

I was about to suggest the Green Onion. (my god if they don't haver killer steaks)- or had at least. I've left Limerick a while now so I dunno if they still even exist.

Anyways you seem to be sorted so happy dining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Its never too busy to be honest.
    No harm in booking though.
    Old quarter is next door for a nice drink outside afterwards if the weather is good.
    Enjoy your nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

Cant go wrong with la piccola stuffed mushrooms are to die for!!!:p :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 myhost

Thai Gourmet on Glentworth Street is lovely , and nicely priced . You will get a nice meal (starter, main meal and bottle of wine) for around €60-€70

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

film_gonzo wrote:
    I was about to suggest the Green Onion. (my god if they don't haver killer steaks)- or had at least. I've left Limerick a while now so I dunno if they still even exist.

AFAIK they have closed? Did I read it here or somewhere else???

Another thumbs up for the stuffed mushrooms in La Piccolla - both Italia and Pizzeria - consistently fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Rats! They had some lovely food. I had mussels in there once and I thought they were delicious also.

Advertisement