Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlow it , accommodation ,

• 12-05-2007 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

so where is a good place to live in carlow ? i mean for next year , and the accom , has to come with decent broadband!! , just so ill know before i book a house for next year!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

Lazairus wrote:
    so where is a good place to live in carlow ? i mean for next year , and the accom , has to come with decent broadband!! , just so ill know before i book a house for next year!!!
    i suggest coolege green, or any where on the green road, its closest to the and college green most houses have broadband or a broadband agreement.

i am a resident of carlow of you want to pm me and discuss it further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

If you want broadband and you want to live in a house not digs you'l probably have to get the broadband in yourself. In which case you'd have to check with the landlord if its alrite i.e. wireless requires an antenna and holes drilled in the wall for wires! College green would be a good bet though, lots of stuents live there including myself, nice place ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

southern garrdens. trust me.

assuming ur not a mature student...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

Sound students of carlow , thanks for the advice ,

no i am not a mature student , but ill be willing to pay more for decent accommodation , the equivalent of gort na coribe in galway .

if you have ever pass through athlone , please stay away from , willow park,
    its the student(housing estate) accom in Athlone I.T , Fulll of knackers, dealers etc,

yea , i will consider the advice given, in the end if its better than willow park , then its acceptable.
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

well green road, and college green are well beeter then the willow park, again i say green road, its 4 mins exactly away for the door of the college at the back of the estate. dont worry there are no nacker estates up by the college.

• Advertisement

willow park's reputation preceeds it, theres nothing like that place in carlow, that I know of. most places are fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BA2703

The_B_Man wrote:
    southern garrdens. trust me.

assuming ur not a mature student...

Southern Gardens is a residential estate - it's not campus accomodation you know!!! Students need to learn to behave before moving into an area with loads of children - the behaviour this year has been atrocious. I wouldn't like to be the fella who stabbed the Garda if the coppers catch him!!

they are all residential estates though arent they, with the exception of carraig abhainn maybe. But ye your right some of the thing that go on are a bit much considering there are people that have workin the morning and such (its not like students go to college or anything :p )

Advertisement