Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia Spoiler & wiring carkit

Options
  • 12-05-2007 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey guys. bought a 00 skoda octavia elegance 110bhp (01 model) and i'm just wondering can i get a skoda vrs spoiler and exhaust and put them on my car??? would they fit?? if so, does anyone know of anywhere to get them? also, i'm putting in a carkit.. where would be the best place to find an earth wire, an ignition wire, and a live wire (other than the back of the radio) Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you might have to go for universal spoiler or exhaust for that car.

About the car kit, you'll find all you need at the back of the radio, including the mute wire (yellow on the car kit)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Have a snoop around www.Briskoda.net - you might even find one for sale, or post in the Items Wanted, or someone might direct you to what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dizbo

louie wrote:
    you might have to go for universal spoiler or exhaust for that car.

About the car kit, you'll find all you need at the back of the radio, including the mute wire (yellow on the car kit)

i know about the back of the radio. i'm trying not to use them wires.

you have to go there for the mutting wire so you might as well connect all of them.

louie wrote:
    you have to go there for the mutting wire so you might as well connect all of them.

yeah i know that. but i dont want to connect the power to the radio as it interferes. thats why i'm asking does anyone know of anywhere else.

• Advertisement

dizbo wrote:
    yeah i know that. but i dont want to connect the power to the radio as it interferes
    who gave you that information?
    99% of car kits are fitted that way and never heard of that issue until now.
    "you should ask for your money back if you paid for that information" cause is wrong.

louie wrote:
    who gave you that information?
    99% of car kits are fitted that way and never heard of that issue until now.
    "you should ask for your money back if you paid for that information" cause is wrong.

i actually fit carkits. and depending on the system you have in your car you can get a feedback through the radio. i have never fitted a carkit on a skoda so thats why i'm asking if anyone know of anywhere else. i was going to just feed a wire from the battery but i have to take apart the car to find a hole in the bulkhead. and why would someone pay for information on how to fit a carkit?? all you'd have to do is ask someone here. i'm sure there are loads of people (including myself) who would be more than happy to tell someone how to install a carkit.

dizbo wrote:
    ....and why would someone pay for information on how to fit a carkit??
    that was a joke the reason in included between "..."

dizbo wrote:
    i actually fit carkits.....

Obviously you are not a pro at it, you just do it for extra cash in your spare time. Skoda, has the same electrical wires as VW.
    Taking a feed directly from the battery is a totally waste of time as there is a fuse box you now, under the dash-board, driver side?
    dizbo wrote:
    ...and depending on the system you have in your car you can get a feedback through the radio
    As a professional installer I could tell you that that's a lot of *******
    you get feedback in the speaker that comes with the kit if is too close to the cradle indeed, but comes from the phone, and it doesn't really happen with the lates models. Used to with the Cark91 kits from Nokia, but not with the ck-7w or ck-15w.

well i'm just installing a ck7w15. and i may not be a professional like you but i still know what i'm doing. here look.. i'll see if anyone else knows where the wires are cause i'm not using the radio

you are looking for someone to tell you exactly where to connect those wires, so you want an exact diagram. Hope you get one, but I doubt it.
    Meanwhile you can start lookin behind the fuse board or in the kick-panel.
    All you want is permanent live, ignition live and earth, so using a test lamp you'll find them, just don't probe the airbag wires.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Isnt there a bus bar under the steering column? You'll have to remove some panels to get to it. My VW didn't have a switch wire at the stereo so had to get one from the bus bar.

FX Meister wrote:
    Isnt there a bus bar under the steering column? You'll have to remove some panels to get to it. My VW didn't have a switch wire at the stereo so had to get one from the bus bar.

i'll try that. thanks.

Advertisement