Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXAM STRESS - Any Advice

Options
  • 12-05-2007 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Leaving certers

Any (good) advice on exam stress...on a few weeks to go till L-Day!!!

Thank you

Shakey Student

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Chill-out, you can always repeat you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

have a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Chill-out, you can always repeat you know.
    That's more likely to make people freak out a bit more.

Nah, just make sure you've got a few back up plans in place. Like, even if you don't get the course you want, do something reasonably similar and then you do a masters in the course you want. Granted, it may not be the same, but it's a hell of a lot better than repeating imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Sangre wrote:
    have a ****.
    Good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

get off the forum and do some exam questions. The more you do the more you get right. The more you get right the more confidence you get. The more confidence the less stress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

the thing is, not to get worked up on the day. If you have back up plans in place (different courses, or even repeat) it should take some of the stress off. You'll perform better if your anxety isn't interfering with your performance. (Have a look at Psychology on Boards.ie if you want very specifice answers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

the thing is, not to get worked up on the day. If you have back up plans in place (different courses, or even repeat) it should take some of the stress off. You'll perform better if your anxety isn't interfering with your performance. (Have a look at Psychology on Boards.ie if you want very specifice answers)

Such wisdom. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Depends on your subjects really.

You do geography/history/home-ec/irish/other language/anything else with a project or practical, well then you've already got some of the exam done, think about that, you only need about another 30% at the most to actually pass it.

Then there's the exams themselves, yeah, we're going to feel nervous, but once the first day is over you'll relax big time. I'm still not nervous, scarily chilled out for the tiny amount of work I've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sangre wrote:
    have a ****.

Listen to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Whenever I freak out and go - "oh my God I have three weeks until my Leaving Cert:eek: " - I just think:
    "Worse case scenario is I fail a subject in which case I'll do a PLC and end up in college anyway".:D

• Advertisement

Whenever I freak out and go - "oh my God I have three weeks until my Leaving Cert:eek: " - I just think:
    "Worse case scenario is I fail a subject in which case I'll do a PLC and end up in college anyway".:D

I like you level of thinking, it's the same level as mine. Hats off to you sir, for a n00b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Sangre wrote:
    have a ****.

mmm I'll be back later:p . well my personal advice would be sleep. I had a complete breakdown this week due to rows with three teachers in one day while suffering illness also. Good rows though, completely worth it. lol So I went home straight after school instead of doing study and slept for about fourteen hours straight. Barring that go out for a session. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

beers will calm you, do some work ;it'll give you confidence that you aren't scared of anything that'll come up, sleep and exercise;makes you feel fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

Sangre wrote:
    have a ****.

im a she.

I don't really want to get into an argument about it :D but I think it applies to both sexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

shazzyshaz wrote:
    im a she.

Then do the female equivalent.

girls dont **** u eejit.-referring to cson

Then do the female equivalent.

but they definately do the 'female equivalent'. This is hilarious!:D

ok then maybe i will

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭fitzgese

Do you mean exam stress as in just before the exam or stress caused by studying for exams? If it's the second one, a little bit of exercise is probably the best way to beat the stress, just do 20 or 30 mins whenever you can fit it in. Take some short breaks, but don't take breaks if you feel guilty about studying because then you're just wasting your time. Try to do things you like that you would normally do if you weren't studying during your breaks. If you mean stress before an exam, try reading a newspaper or doing something which is completely unrelated to the exam in the few minutes before the exam. Doesn't work for everyone though, but it's worth a shot.

• Advertisement

shazzyshaz wrote:
    girls dont **** u eejit.-referring to cson

80% do according to some surveys.

**** = Masturbation, which if I am not mistaken isn't categorised by gender.

And I'm not gonna argue that point any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

so back to the topic....just taking a step back and a few deep breaths helps, the LC isnt the be all and end all....like you, Roe, im strangely calm these days, compared to the nervous wreck I was before christmas...

Dan719...sleeping is God's gift to Leaving Cert stress...a few hours kip solves everything..hope you're feeling better now, don't mind teachers, sure what do they know? ;)

ya sleep is good this time of year! any one find themselves needing more kip these days?? and more food!!!

:
    lilmizzme wrote:
    don't mind teachers, sure what do they know? ;)

My feelings on it exactly, looking back on it now it was hilarious.
    *The T.D rowlol
    'Get out of my class, why are you not doing td' Sir
    'I have all of my td done.' Student
    'p**s off and get out' Sir
    'Why? I have all of my work done, what's your problem?' Student
    'I said p**s off' Sir
    'Fair enough sir you only a terrible teacher anyway, how any of us managed to get a's in the mocks I'll never know. Good luck' Sir(two of us got a's btw)

:D:D:D

I swear, they're more on edge than we are lately...I suppose their reputation as a teacher is kind of on the line around now too....a class full of fails and D's dosent say much about their skills as a teacher really, does it?

Some of the teachers have been amazing the past few weeks...others are just making the whole situation worse...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

If this were any other forum some humourless moderator would have banned people for all this talk about ****, or it least given them a hefty warning. Instead, the moderators themselves are the ones coming out with the remarks. I love the Leaving Cert board :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Kill Mary Hanafin

lilmizzme wrote:
    so back to the topic....just taking a step back and a few deep breaths helps, the LC isnt the be all and end all....like you, Roe, im strangely calm these days, compared to the nervous wreck I was before christmas...

¬_¬ She knows my name....

Yeah I was a bit of a wreck before Xmas too. Strange.

Dammit, she caught me...

• Advertisement

mateo wrote:
    Kill Mary Hanafin

This, my friend, is called murder, which, Im afraid is frowned upon in our society...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement