Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXAM STRESS - Any Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yeah mateo, get outta here with your mourder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

cson wrote:
    80% do according to some surveys.

**** = Masturbation, which if I am not mistaken isn't categorised by gender.

And I'm not gonna argue that point any further.

80!!!! What in the HELL do the other 20 do? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

md99 wrote:
    80!!!! What in the HELL do the other 20 do? :confused:

They lie!:D ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

dan719 wrote:
    They lie!:D ;)

well said!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Best way to get rid of exam stress is - and you're going to hate this - study!:D You're only stressed because you feel you haven't enough done so start Monday. You have three weeks. Just go all out, that's what I plan to do. This way you won't have time to feel stressed!:D

Plus, al little bit of stressed is good for you. Keeps you focused etc. It's like nerves before exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Have to agree with you.
    Just study your ass off from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

jazzyjazz wrote:
    practise exam questions without the answer and without the notes , go to bed early , wake up early , drink lots of water , clear your head of negativity
    cocoa wrote:
    get off the forum and do some exam questions.
    I'd like to highlight this method as quite likely the best, especially so in the more technical subjects. The leaving cert examines your ability to answer leaving cert questions. What's the best way to do this? Practice....

Long uninterrupted regular sleeping has been shown to give one a marked increase in retention of newly learned information and skills. Personally I find it makes me one whole lot less stressed too.

Drink water regularly and eat bananas. Keeping the hydration/glucose/potassium levels up is essential for efficient study.

Regular low doses of caffeine (not after 6pm, caffeine has a half life of 6 hours and disturbs sleep) have also been shown to help maintain concentration. Don't be knocking back the redbulls/espressos. You'll get jittery and then crash.

And lastly, this is a judgement call, taking up smoking. Why? It allows a for regular breaks, it helps you focus and relax. It's worked for me, but giving up after exams is always tough.

Fish oils. According to some scientific schools of thought they're helpful. They certainly don't hinder so are worth a try. Also multivitamins...

I'm in the midst (midst? more like end, I've been working my man-rocks off for 6 months) of my study for finals so I feel your pain, but I also believe I know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Back to the subject of wankin!
    **** is great for relieving stress!
    I reccomend that u take one after every study session!
    And if ur doing poorly in real leaving stick ur hand inside ur trousers nd hav a ****!
    Def nothin bettr dan a mid exam **** :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

curry-muff wrote:
    And if ur doing poorly in real leaving stick ur hand inside ur trousers nd hav a ****!

Is that some sort of poem or something?

Whatever you're into.

curry-muff wrote:

LMAO.............were I in first year that is, now all you get is a :( (frown)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

curry-muff wrote:
    Interesting approach. Horses for courses I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

cson wrote:
    80% do according to some surveys.

**** = Masturbation, which if I am not mistaken isn't categorised by gender.

And I'm not gonna argue that point any further.

this is the kinda **** i got banned for and you are aloud to write away wit this crap, dont write back wit some idiodic comment because im not in the mood for this ****. note to moderators actually do ure job and close this **** hole of a forum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Okay, before you read this Boger, calm yourself;

1: It was if you'll bother your arse to check, a mod who actually suggested this particular method of exam stress relief. I'm really chuffed you chose my reply out of a heap of them to use as an example.

2: See that large coloured writing you used above? That is the kind of **** you got banned for. You don't need to shout to be heard here. And some form of grammar and syntax wouldn't go astray either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I used to like boger but it is quite clear now that he has indeed fried his brains with his mission to go 600+.

boger wrote:
    this is the kinda **** i got banned for and you are aloud to write away wit this crap, dont write back wit some idiodic comment because im not in the mood for this ****. note to moderators actually do ure job and close this **** hole of a forum

What cson said makes perfect sense... **** = Masturbation, wtf is your problem with that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curious girl

akb2006 wrote:
    Hi Leaving certers

Any (good) advice on exam stress...on a few weeks to go till L-Day!!!

Thank you

Shakey Student
    okay, here it is, am absolutely fed up of students banging on about LC stress, actually the ones in my class who do so are the ones who are just not focused, wont do what the teacher asks them to do and we are lucky to have some class teachers! they spend their time sulking if the teacher tries to motivate them or pushes them to achieve a really good grade. So, here it is study advice start doin it, closing the door, having a study timetable and getting on with it, its 3 weeks of putting the head down and at this stage what's the point in regrets, totally self indulgent - get on with it, make your mark and stop dumpin on the rest of us, truth is we're all stressed, but we're doin our best to think positive and to push on. Sensible advice if you htink bout it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Get yourself this stuff:

http://www.xoxide.com/rocketfuel1.html

And then cram the night away!
    Failing that, Jolt Cola: the cola of programmers, Hackers and gamers.

*Dont if you are sensitive to caffeine, as I accept no responsibility or no liable consequences following such actions*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

boger wrote:
    Like everyone has said already, thats just plain WEIRD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Boger, you consider this a "shít-hole" of a forum and yet you spend so much time on it?
    That makes perfect sense. . .

EDIT: Typo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 David Fouhy

Sangre wrote:
    have a ****.

yea....stress reliever, but then ur left wit a big cloudy head 4 the whole day and just float onto the internet ta watch funny youtube stuff. **** is kinda like alcoholism when ya tink about it. <stressed, have a ****=stressed caused u had a **** and did no work> <stressed have a beer. hangover for 2 days, no work done> viscious cycle.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

yea....stress reliever, but then ur left wit a big cloudy head 4 the whole day and just float onto the internet ta watch funny youtube stuff. **** is kinda like alcoholism when ya tink about it. <stressed, have a ****=stressed caused u had a **** and did no work> <stressed have a beer. hangover for 2 days, no work done> viscious cycle.:rolleyes:

ehhh.... sorry to disagree once more, but, wtf? i agree with the alcohol part, but ****? i dunno, the effects are much shorter lived on me than that.... i mean most people 'go' once a day, leaving cert or no leaving cert, and there ain't that many space heads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

"stressed cuz you had a **** and did no work" thats stupid. a **** only takes 5 mins. max..... usually (surely you're not drunk while studying) so unless ur guilty about it which u shudn't be it's by far de best stress reliever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

LOL boger, this is a thread within a forum, surely you mean close the thread? And tbh there's nothing wrong with what people are saying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Close the forum , RABBLE RABBLE

unless the word '****' is considered profanity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

well well well
    goodbye bogus
    I know everyone gets hormonal around the exam period but lets try keep it on topic
    thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement