Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark06...something not quite right...

Options
  • 12-05-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

after lookin at the thread 'my new graphics beast', i decided id download n run 3dmark06...i got 8336 which im happy enough with. but one thing that strikes me as odd is in the display information on system configuration. i compare my system to someone with the same set up, but he seems to excel in the graphic parts of the test.
    i attached a pic of the comparison, can anyone tell me why my video memory is at 256, and his is at 512...????

also i dont have approved WHQL and FM, but i think that happened when i was tryin to put a graphics driver on wen i had vista, it said something like 'continuing with this installation will remove ur WHQL certification....etc etc.' is that something i should tend to in some or other way???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Comparisons on Furemarks Orb aren't the greatest of indicators as the guys on that do all sorts of things to inflate the score.

The non-WHQL FM approved only means that it is a driver Futuremark have not official sanctioned for testing.

As for the 256MB it looks like the 3DMark's orb doesn't read the correct amount of RAM on GeForce 8 cards & due to the clock domains it uses has the weird clock speeds as you can see.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ah good good, if its a problem with them then its fine.... jus didnt seem right that there was a difference in the video memory...so thought id ask.

the driver im using is the one from the nvidia website... how can they not approve that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Futuremark only sanctions tests with certain drivers they don't test every single driver that NVIDIA or ATI release due to the frequency of releases so it is usually only WHQL drivers which are sanctioned and NVIDIA doesn't release those too often.

Advertisement