Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honours irish aiste

Options
  • 12-05-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

does anyone have anything on the distribution of wealth in ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Emmm.... tá daoine ann gan dídean ar fud na tíre >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Talk about the rich/poor divide in simple terms, then say it's much worse on a global scale, then bochtanas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ariiella

what other topics are u all doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

tir gan teanga tir gan anam agus rudai cosuil le sin
    fíoreigean
    slad ar na boithre
    an coras oideachas
    an timpeallacht
    sin é

Yeah we did all of the above plus politics, travel and the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I'll learn off Fadbhanna inár sochaí, an Gaeilge, Slad ar na mbóithre, an timpeallacht agus téamh domhanda, na meain cumarsáide and politics...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I wouldn't recommend learning essays off..examiners will smell them a mile off...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Not exactly learning, more like, nice openings, phrases and a set sequence of stuff to talk about in the paragraphs.

Just learn good phrases and how to discuss them, but use your own opinions too!

btw, ^ CorruptedMorals, wait'll you see my shoes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'm learning an coras leighis, basanna ar na mboithre, an coras oideachas and something else. I reckon at least one of those four're bound to come up, I especially fancy road deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

I'm guessing your all in English speaking schools. I'm in an all Irish school and although we have covered the above topics in essays for homework my class hasn't exactly learned off material in advance of the exam. Paper 1 for me to be honest is a bit of a joke, excuse the arrogance.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Does everyone do aistes? Cause tbh I prefer a good sceal. Easier to understand anyways!

KarmaCreep wrote:
    I'm guessing your all in English speaking schools. I'm in an all Irish school and although we have covered the above topics in essays for homework my class hasn't exactly learned off material in advance of the exam. Paper 1 for me to be honest is a bit of a joke, excuse the arrogance.:cool:

That's not arrogance, if I'd continued my education as Gaeilge I'm sure I'd say the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

Does everyone do aistes? Cause tbh I prefer a good sceal. Easier to understand anyways!

They can be a lot harder to pull off. I find it easier to write opinionated essays on social problems etc. but it depends on the person. Just make sure you have a wide vocab and don't write the same old drivel as everyone else and for the love of god don't end the sceal with, 'ansin dhuisigh me on mbriongloid'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Nah. There's only so many sceals you can start of with 'lá brea samhraidh a bhí ann..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

KarmaCreep wrote:
    QFT.

I like writing stories. I managed to make up a nice one for my mocks, and if I get a decent title I will in the real thing, however, I'll jump on an aiste if I've done it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I'll learn off Fadbhanna inár sochaí, an Gaeilge, Slad ar na mbóithre, an timpeallacht agus téamh domhanda, na meain cumarsáide and politics...

Omg. We've done absolutely nothing of the sort. We've done three or four essays. Two sceál type ones that I think are pretty substandard - "Chuaigh Máire go Sasana. Níor thaitin Sasana léi. Bhí brón uirthi. Shocraigh sí dul ar ais go hÉireann," and the like. We also did one on students from other countries, and fadhb an bhoctanais, which was a good one.
    I went up to my teacher a few weeks ago and told her that I want to do well in the exam, to increase my chance of getting an A or a high B, so she's giving me separate homework. I have to write an essay from one of the papers, and I chose to do "Bagairt and baol sa lá atá inniú ann." I wanted to focus on road deaths, dangers on the internet, drugai, ól etc..... Can anyone suggest any words/phrases/points I could use?? Je suis totally clueless here, and my Irish seems just a little too basic.
    All help much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Stick down a few sentences in english and I (and I'm sure some others) can translate them if you like.

I guess I should have started a thread of my own for my question. Sorry Ariiella.

How do you say: this has a negative effect on all areas of life - social, economical and personal. (Or words to that effect.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Tá tionchar diúltach aige seo ar gach gnéith den saol - go soisialta, go pearsanta agus ó thaobh airgid dhé.

Thread is pretty much over, so I don't see why we can't continue to use it for this purpose.

EDIT: Grammar.

• Advertisement

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Tá tionchar diúltach aige seo ar gach gnéith den saol - go soisialta, go pearsanta agus ó thaobh airgid dhé.

Thread is pretty much over, so I don't see why we can't continue to use it for this purpose.

Great so. I shall take advantage of your kind nature and beseech you for help when my dictionary fails me :p
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alcopopgurl

if u listen 2 the chief irish examiner he says DO NOT MAKE ANYTHING NEW UP ON THE DAY adapt what u know - so by all means learn off full essay!!!:)

Advertisement