Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tis Survival Sunday (c) SKY SPORTS

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Marq wrote:
    awful for fowler, football is so cruel.

Ah my heart bleeds for him......NOT;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Thats just hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bye bye COLIN!!!!!!!! Welcome back to the Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Wigan win 2-1

Watford, Charlton and Sheffield Utd relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Blades go down, somehow Wigan survive. Will the Hammers spend this summer in court?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

See ya now Warnock.

Its the FA thats being taken to court though isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

What a day some tense stuff played out today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I think Sheffield United to go down at 7-1 is a good bet. West Ham are well capable of a draw and Wigan well capable of doing Sheffield up in Sheffield.

Luckily put this bet on this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Great game at Brammal Lane.

It had everything!!

Good Old Ferguson sending out a B team.

If it's another long term injury then he's got to retire. He's obviously not cut out for it
    Owen was stretchered off on the hour mark with concussion after colliding with team-mate Matthew Pattison.

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Can see the whole west ham thing getting messy but any team needing to win
    on the last game of the season at old trafford and doin so you have to take
    your hat off to them
    I know united had a weakened team but Chelsea couldnt beat an even weaker
    united team last week
    Congrats to West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bring on the court case to relegate West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

zabbo wrote:
    Great game at Brammal Lane.

It had everything!!

Good Old Ferguson sending out a B team.
    I'm delighted Warnock and his team are relegated.
    United should be ashamed of themselves though ,losing home and away to West Ham this season.
    The Hammers should have been put to the sword today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Sheffield Derbies back on again......

over the fckin moon.

Colin out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

as a united fan I must say it's fkkin shocking that they allowd that result today. at home, collecting the trophy and they were beaten! Where's the fkking spirit. Jaysus there's something godawful wrong with the team that allows that to happen on the day they collect their medals at HOME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

IMO its the FA thats made the cockup they should have seen the 3rd party issue before they allowed Tevez to register for West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

chump wrote:
    as a united fan I must say it's fkkin shocking that they allowd that result today. at home, collecting the trophy and they were beaten! Where's the fkking spirit. Jaysus there's something godawful wrong with the team that allows that to happen on the day they collect their medals at HOME.
    Its unacceptable.
    Penultimate competitive game for 3 months and they couldnt even put in a half decent performance.

Ha ha, so much for revenge! :p
    Its the next match that matters though, you'll all forget about it if ye win the double. Won't be so shocking then. Just be happy that the better footballing side stayed up and we won't have to put up with Warnock for another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

lol at Rooney saying "****ing" during interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Its unacceptable.
    Penultimate competitive game for 3 months and they couldnt even put in a half decent performance.
    FFS, they put 110%, both physically and mentally into winning the title so it was inevitable that they wouldn't be as up for the last few games. The only worry is that they find it difficult to raise their game again next weekend,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what a wierd oul day. good riddence Warnock tbh, i'd much rather Jewell. makes for better quotes.

oh and Shatner its actually the league they are suing, and in a bizarre twist as all clubs have ownership in the prem league or something they are effectively suing themselves. :confused: if they were to sue the FA i think FIFA or UEFA would throw them out of european competeition or some plonk.

good old Whelan, had to get the old West Ham dig in when celebrating. let's hope Tevez stays in the premiership somehow's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

what a wierd oul day. good riddence Warnock tbh, i'd much rather Jewell. makes for better quotes.

oh and Shatner its actually the league they are suing, and in a bizarre twist as all clubs have ownership in the prem league or something they are effectively suing themselves. :confused: if they were to sue the FA i think FIFA or UEFA would throw them out of european competeition or some plonk.

good old Whelan, had to get the old West Ham dig in when celebrating. let's hope Tevez stays in the premiership somehow's.
    Well he is contracted to West Ham so I would imagine that he could stay in the premiership quite easily..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

West Ham were really great defensively, United were trying, but ultimately they weren't gona shatter themselves, no reason to.
    I don't think it was a peno.

I think good football won today. United won the league with attacking football the whole way. Wigan and West Ham stay up, and they played attacking football.Sheff Utd who play ugly ugly football stay up.

What a day, I havn't felt this good in about 3 years :)

---

Curbs was asked about Tevez, and would he stay, he didn't sound too hopeful.
    I think after today, United could be in for him. Fergie has a habit of signing players who score against United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Well he is contracted to West Ham so I would imagine that he could stay in the premiership quite easily..

is he actually contracted though to West Ham? MSI still claim they own him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

At spurs:D

Seriously though West Ham are a decent team. I think the players should be ashamed of themselves with the situation they found them in this year, should have never been near the relegation zone.

P.S. Have to say it, second season in a row Spurs get fifth:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Was winning the championship enough of an excuse today for Utd to play pants and allow West Ham to win :confused:

they have played pants in more matches this season than playing good so it wasnt a suprise. No real leader to give them a kick up the backside in every match. And once richardson starts you know it isnt going to be good. They have to stop buying young players everytime and get at least one worldclass experienced leader.

PHB wrote:
    I think good football won today. United won the league with attacking football the whole way. Wigan and West Ham stay up, and they played attacking football.Sheff Utd who play ugly ugly football stay up.

Dont you mean Sheffield United go down!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

West Ham "Give us Premiership survival and we'll give you Tevez closed season"

Man Utd "Good deal!"

Do you think it didn't happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nn i doubt it but we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gutted Robbie got taken off (why?) and didnt get a goal on his way out. He will be missed.

Sean Bean laying into Warnock on sky, legend. Bean for next Sheff Uts manager.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The United team put out today was disappointing, but i think it is shocking for anyone to imply United didn't try to win today. We created some great chances, but once West Ham got their (lucky) goal, it was always going to be tough for United to break them down, as it proved. Face it, West Ham beat United earlier in the season too, and they have been in great form recently, it was never going to be an easy game. The bulk of the changes made were in defence, where we did ok today.

Sheffiel United are down because they didn't get a result against Wigan, simple as that really. They should have got a result at home, it is their failure. Man United tried to beat them, but it was one of those days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Late getting a word in, but besides the disappointing performance, it was fantastic to see the trophy being lifted at Old Trafford once again.

Congrats Wigan and West Ham.

To be honest, I won't be sorry to see the back of Neil Warnock. He is the master of blaming everyone but himself. It's been consistent, every single week of the season. Not so long ago they were 10 points above the drop-zone; he should be asking more questions of himself tbh. The only thing I'd say is, it was a bit cruel being relegated on goal-difference.
    Stekelly wrote:
    Sean Bean laying into Warnock on sky, legend. Bean for next Sheff Uts manager.:)
    What did he say??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Stekelly wrote:
    Gutted Robbie got taken off (why?) and didnt get a goal on his way out. He will be missed.

Obviously he was taken off to get a good ovation.

As for the others...I'm disappointed to see wigan stay up, i think the bring nothing to the league and that paul jewell is a cnut. running on the pitch after refs every week and looked like he was gonna punch the 4th official today. what was that about? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

fullstop wrote:
    paul jewell is a cnut. running on the pitch after refs every week and looked like he was gonna punch the 4th official today. what was that about? :mad:
    And Neil Warnock never opens his mouth!:rolleyes:

What did he say??

HE was being interviewed on his way out of the stadium and he let fly, saying it was all Warnocks fault, and giving out about stuff Warnock said this morning or yesterday about players and contracts or somesuch.

fullstop wrote:
    Obviously he was taken off to get a good ovation.

If he'd stayed on he'd have done a lap and got a great ovation, as well as a goal into the kop in the last minute if his last game there (obviously that bit couldnt have been forseen but still.If your not in you cant win) what better way to go than that.

Stekelly wrote:
    If he'd stayed on he'd have done a lap and got a great ovation, as well as a goal into the kop in the last minute if his last game there (obviously that bit couldnt have been forseen but still.If your not in you cant win) what better way to go than that.
    Didn't exactly look like scoring today so they took him off to get ovation, standard thing to do really. Same was done for foster at watford.

irish1 wrote:
    And Neil Warnock never opens his mouth!:rolleyes:
    Never said he didn't:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    But i think jewell is worse, its just an opinion. isn't that what this place is all about or who died and made you leader:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Warnock ftw \0/

Never liked Jewell myself, hate him and danny wilson for some reason! Dont mind warnock, more fun to watch than jewell anyways. They'll be in the same situation again next yr anyways. So he can join danny wilson whereever he is now! :)

Kaisersose for next soccer mod :p I like your way of thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Great to see the Premiership back at Old Trafford! :D Wasnt a great performance but it wasnt the worst either, i think a draw would have been a fair result. Wont be sorry to see the back off Neil Warnock the man just blames everything else but himself, not a huge fan of Wigan either but Paul Jewell is slightly more bearable and is a better manager imo. Anyways roll on saturday for the cup final plus exams will be finished! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

event wrote:
    i can see manu beating them easily

last game at home, players playing for places in teh cup final, getting the trophy afterwards..

they wont want to slip up, and neither will ferguson

O rly?