Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpuz is messd up

• 12-05-2007 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok i turned off thermal throttlenig but cpuz is still saying x6 instead of x8 ??

in my bios i have set 300x8 which is 2.4

look :
    http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=196799

windows is tellin me its at 2400mhz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I think you have to turn off a feature in the bios called "speedstep".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

cant find anything called stepspeed in bios .:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

tuen thermal throtteling back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ull see that when the chip is below a load of 70%, the multi will be set to *6, but when over the 70% mark, it will go up to *8. this is for energy efficieny, and thermal efficiency.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Go into you bios, and turn all the CPU featues off...

C1E
    Speedstep

Speedstep drops the multi to reduce the clock speed..C1E throttles back the voltage to allow the CPU to run cooler, but seen as your overclocked, the CPU will become unstable when the voltage drops...

What board do you have? Most of the P965 boards have a bit of vdroop so you will need to give the cpu a bit more voltage maybe... This is nothing to do with your problem but just general crap... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement