Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford to Blackrock

Options
  • 12-05-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, could anyone reccomend the safest and quickest route to cycle from Sandyford IE to Blackrock.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

From the roundabout opposite bewleys your best bet is to go straigh down leapordstown road (all cycle track) to whites cross, continue down newtownpark avenue until just before the playwright pub, turn left there and go straight until you reach the end of that road about (200m) then turn right and go straight down careysfort avenue,
    thatll have you there quickest id say and its fairly safe

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it all depends where in sandyford you are starting from of course, if you are in the village or on the other side of the industrial estate from bewleys then the route above may not be the best way..

it also depends on exactly where in blackrock you are going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'll be going from three rock road to the DART station

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i'd vary the above route a little then if it was me, go down toward the luas station and down the hill into stillorgan, turn right, straight down through stillorgan, across the N11 and follow the road straight down until the main junction with carysfort avenue, this is were you hit the route above. turn left and you are on your way down into blackrock.

there isn't so much cycle lane on this route but imo it would be a lot quicker as it is more direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Cheers, I was thinking that route myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

go down brewry rd, cross the dual carriage way through farmleigh close and straight through carysfort ave, onto the carysfort ave road an straight into blackrock villiage. Takes you away all traffic and is easily the quickest route.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd follow copacetic's route, except consider going down the back of UCD Smurfit, they are quiet pleasant leafy roads:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/ireland/dublin/408016756

Advertisement