Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Released From WWE

• 12-05-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

From WWE.com

WWE has come to terms on the release of Charles Scaggs (Too Cold Scorpio). We wish him the best in his future endeavors.
    From WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of Rob Conway as of today, May 11. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Conway was a decent wrestler, only he wasn't used to his full potential imo. As for 2 Cold Scorpio, it's a shame to hire him and he never even got called up...what a waste!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Meh. Conway had skills, but not enough to make him a superstar.

Dupree>Conway>Sylvan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Conway had potential I thought, but was never used in a way that anyone would care about him

That's such a waste of Scorpio. I was looking forward to seeing him. He's still got tremendous ability from what I saw of him last year, I rate him really highly. Ah well, hopefully he got a nice bit of money and can now go elsewhere and put on some more great matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Unreal, Scorpio barely got any exposure, if any at all! He's still a better worker than most of all 3 rosters combined. Such a shame.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Conway had potential I thought, but was never used in a way that anyone would care about him

I agree. I don't think they ever got the best out of the guy. That gimmick they gave him was absolutely horrible and he had perhaps the worst entrance music of all time. He was bound to fail with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Conway hit the steroids hard and then his push ended when he lost the physique due to the wellness policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Shame about Scorpio though was happy to hear they signed him he still had abit left but nah they left him sit at home because "they had nothing for him" as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Rob Conway. The only man that could easily wrestle with his sunglasses still on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

EdK wrote:
    Conway hit the steroids hard and then his push ended when he lost the physique due to the wellness policy

Do you have proof of this? Not being smart, just geniunly curious.

That 'Con Man' gimmick was cringe worthy, I never saw him above a average mid carder though, but to be fair I didnt see all that much of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I agree. I don't think they ever got the best out of the guy. That gimmick they gave him was absolutely horrible and he had perhaps the worst entrance music of all time. He was bound to fail with that.
    "...Look at me. Just...Look at me..."

I loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Pity about Scorpio

but Conway was a complete waste of space so no loss there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Conway I always thought was a fairly decent wrestler but the storylines that he always seemed to be a part of were all dead ends for his WWE career.He was a solid midcard that could(if given the time and the storyline)be pushed further.

As for scorpio,talk about wasted talent that the WWE really could have used especially in the cruiserweight division.They signed him about 9 months ago and we never really heard anything about him:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not only that but he could have been so useful down the track for the developmental talent as a trainer!

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

It's a shame about the two of them. Scorpio would have been good to have on any show but i was hoping for a return on ECW. When I heard about the return of Flash Funk I just couldnt see how they'd debut him in the mix. As was said, he'd have been good from a development perspective.

Conway was handled badly too. He could have used a fresh start on Smackdown or ECW after he got 'fired' on Raw. He was the most talented out of the three La Resistance lads. BTW his music was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Never liked Scorpio much, but am surprised all the same he has been released without ever being used on one of the 3 shows.

Re Conway - Im not surprised, but thought he could have been used way better. He is a good worker, as seen in his OVW matches with Nick Dinsmore (Eugene). His gimmick was basically a rip off of Buff Bagwell for anyone to take him seriously though. Or maybe they just liooked too much alike, Im not sure yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Two more guys have been released, Vito and the inevitable departure of Sabu.
    WWE has however signed Scottish wrestler and former IWW champ Drew Galloway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shame about Sabu but he had gone from a really good year in 2006 to being really sloppy.

Obviously when a WWE guy goes we have the 'He should go to TNA' line but I think he raised his profile a lot through his WWE run and a return to TNA would be a good move in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Woah, Galloway got signed?! Awesome! The most fun I've ever had at a wrestling match was during one of his, my mate hid his manager's briefcase for a few minutes and everyone chanted "where's your briefcase?". He gave it back of course, couldn't go ruining the obvious finish for the match! Seriously though, Galloway's not bad, he looks comfortable in the ring. It was reported that he was that Scottish guy MVP beat on SD a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure myself, I thought he was bigger than that

Advertisement