Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build bad sound

Options
  • 12-05-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

hi all heres the thing new rig is
    core duo6700,p5b deluxe,2 gigs balistic 6400 ram,a passive 7600gt gfx and a piece of sh..e xfi gamer soundcard .i have plugged my front panel audio to soundcard .i use green and black jack on the soundcard for my 4.1 speakers also use the input for my hauppauge tv card.i have the mic/headset connected to f.panel.
    the onboard is disabled in bios.
    the front panel has two jacks(one fo mic and one is line out)

the problem is,the sound on headset is back to front. (left is right and right is left).
    i have latest drivers also plus i tried the ones that came with it.
    ty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Okay your gonna have to spell it out more clearly as I'm lost

Creative X-Fi Gamer - hooked up to 4.1 soundsystem

Front panel audio plugged in to where soundcard or motherboard ?

Is this an old WinTV card as far as I can recall newer ones don't need an input into the soundcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi 8T8
    front panel connect to soundcard and yes old tv card.
    just this minute kinda have it working.when i use game mode headset works but sound back to front.when i use audio creation mode tv card works fine.
    so only prob is headset cos impossible 2 play bf1942 with the sound like that(so funny looking the wrong way when being shot)
    thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

No offence but are you foreign? Your grammer is awful to the point of being incomprehendable. I'd try to help but i cant make sense of your post. I'm not trying to be funny with you either so don't get annoyed. Useing some prepositions pronouns and conjuctions would be a great help.

ie. "front panel connect to soundcard and yes old tv card".
    i'm assuming should read like this,
    The front panel is connected to the soundcard and yes the TV card is old.

Again not tryin to take the piss, just it's difficult to read your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Update the drivers for the x-fi. The are a troublesome card.

i have the latest drivers Anti.
    i'm also thinking of putting card in another rig.so what card should i get if i do so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its a good card, the best around actually. Also, Have you removed the onbaord sound drivers?

i did a fresh install with new build so never loaded them.
    also have the onboard is disabled in the bios.

thx again.

Advertisement