Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a 3.5" bay cover?

Options
  • 12-05-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Im planning to swap the card reader in my dell pc for a 500gb harddrive, but the back of the harddrive is left exposed due to the card reader being removed. Just wondering does anyone know where to get a 3.5" bay cover cheap. I googled it but only US sites show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I've a load of bay covers here....black, silver and beige...not Dell ones but I'm guessing will fit will no or light modifications.
    Will be a moments work to throw in an envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

cheers for the offer, just realised a while ago that a cover/bezel would probably push the harddrive a bit too too far towards the middle of the pc and wouldnt be able to secure it on both ends with screws. So have just pulled the front part off the card reader and have it loosely placed where it would be with the card reader and have the harddrive beside it. It'll do the job as I wont be moving the pc and looks fine from the outside. Sure i'll let you know again if I decide im better off with a proper cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

No worries...simple solutions are always the best :D

Advertisement