Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony HandyCam DCR-DVD306E

Options
  • 12-05-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

I bought the DCR-DVD306E a couple of weeks back and the only trouble I'm having with it is editing the videos once I upload them onto my computer. This particular camera records onto mini DVDs. When I upload the videos to the computer, they're in .mpeg format.

I've tried using Windows Movie Maker, and I tried some free editing software from the internet, but no luck. None of the programmes I used seem to want to let me do anything with these video files.

As it is now, the video output will fill the whole screen.

What I really wanna do is make the file-size smaller i.e. make the output smaller, because when I try to upload videos to YouTube, they've gotta be done in 2 minute segments each, as they have a 100MB upload limit, and this is really getting on my nerves at this stage.

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, answers, anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Just gonna bump this thread in case anyone might be able to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Bump

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I had a similar problem with my DCR-DVD755 but was able to use windows movie maker to edit the clips. When i was done there was an option from the file menu in WMM-> -save movie file- <-This took a while but it compressed the video from what I could figure out. When i uploaded edited videos to Youtube i was only limited by the length of the clip. 10 minutes clips were coming in under 2MB including video, music and credit templates etc. I'll mess around with it again and see if i can remember what way i did it.

Advertisement