Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adobe Flash Player.

• 12-05-2007 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im wondering if you can help me with a problem im having with Adobe Flash Player.
    When I try to view videos on Youtube or something, it says i need to download the latest version of Flash. However, on the Adobe website it says i have it already.
    If i continue to download it anyway, i save and install it- but it has no effect.

The same thing happens again when i go onto Youtube or any website that requires flash.
    Can anyone help me with this?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you go to the About Flash page it should tell you what version you have installed, and what the latest version is (9,0,45,0).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JoeJC

according to the website i have the latest version(s) downloaded (9,0,45,0).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Uninstall Flash and reinstall it, see if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

i have the same problem...when i go to watch a video on youtube or any other website it tells me to upgrade flash...when i go to the flash download site it always says that flash has been successfully installed....i then go back to the video but it still tells me to update flash....the flash website also tells me that i have the latest flash installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Are you using the Firefox extension noscript
    The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Flock, Seamonkey and others mozilla-based browsers: this free, open source add-on allows JavaScript and Java execution only for trusted domains of your choice (e.g. your home-banking web site).

As i had the same problem & posted here a few months ago about it, but found out how to solve it by accident :rolleyes: .

And if you are-> you should do this, if you see a small S in blue in your taskbar to your right & if it tells you this again
    it tells me to upgrade flash...
    Look at the small S in the right-hand-side if it has turned red You simply click on the small S & see the options to allow/disallow it & it will turn to blue again.

Hopefully that helps :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

i just installed firefox and everything works fine now....thanks anyway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

No probs. ;)

Advertisement