Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Espanyol

• 12-05-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭

3-1 to Espanyol after 38 mins.
    Hat trick for Pandiani.
    4 good goals in the match,cracking end to end stuff.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Game on! 2-3 Raul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jesus, La Liga has gone crazy these days! Seems absolutely anyone can beat anyone! stupid study, missing most of the games of the best end of season ever!

3-3! Reyes!

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Jesus, La Liga has gone crazy these days! Seems absolutely anyone can beat anyone! stupid study, missing most of the games of the best end of season ever!
    Im should be studying too! Ah well looks like a sunday night cramming session for me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

4-3 what a game and I've been slating Higuain all game

• Advertisement

4-3 Madrid in the 89th minute! What a game! Man Spanish footie is brilliant! Madrid go top of the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What a ****ing game, Casillas comes all the way up to celebrate it with them.
    Can't believe they've made this comeback, incredible heart.

Van Nist has been absolutely amazing.
    Reyes has made a real real difference aswell. Hasn't done his Real Madrid career too much harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

4-3 Real

WOW

That's just great to see.
    Barca are gona be under some serious pressure tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

PHB wrote:
    That's just great to see.
    Barca are gona be under some serious pressure tomorrow.

aw fs i turned it off with a few minutes left to go study.

• Advertisement

I wonder would Capello still get the sack if they won the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

What a match. Real deserved to win aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I thought the 3-2 against Sevilla last week was special, especially for Madrid going in at the break 0-1 thanks to a late sucker punch. This however was the game of the season...

In the opening period it looked like it was going to be easy, too easy. Over 70% possession but nothing to show. A couple of mistakes and two remarkably similar goals by Pandiani show exactly why Spanish football is so unpredictable. Cicinho is a talented player going forward but he's a terrible defender. Just as Van Nistelrooy scores and you think normality will resume the Madrid defense shoot themselves in the foot again. Unbelievable.

Simply because of Fabio Capello - his track record, the self belief and team spirit he's generated within the camp, combined with Madrid's history of great comebacks at the Bernabéu, I still think they can win. In fact I'm about 50% sure of it when Cicinho is replaced at half time.

After 3-3 Espanyol start do a good job of time wasting and expertly run down the clock. Casillas still has to show why he's the best keeper in the world. I expect about 5 minutes of stoppage time but no need for that. A brilliant goal by Higuain and a typical 90th minute winner for a Capello side. I never lost faith in him. He's quite simply the master of grinding out results and applying the pressure. He's won so many championships by doing exactly that - Milan (4), Madrid (1), Roma (1), Juve (2). It's what he does. Just like Alex Ferguson, you can never write him off.

This season is so unpredictable I don't want to say which team will triumph but I honestly can't see past Madrid now. Their psychological advantage must be huge at this stage. I don't know what to expect of Barca after their malling at the hands of Getafe in midweek. They should bounce back but such is the nature of Spanish football anything could happen.

It's still in Barca's hands to be honest.
    I can't see any reason why they shouldn't win the next three games, but that said, they've be so inconsistant this year, I wouldn't be suprised to see them drop points.

They are under serious pressure also, because if they get one draw, it'll go down to head to head, which Real are ahead on.

I really hope Real win it, mostly because I want Beckham and Ruud to get a La Liga winners medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

PHB wrote:
    I really hope Real win it, mostly because I want Beckham and Ruud to get a La Liga winners medal.
    Two of my mates who could be classed as Barca sympathisers and regularly wear the jersey have also converted to Madrid for that reason.

Nobody deserves it more than Beckham to be fair. I can't believe he's not involved with England anymore. Although Madrid have won nothing since he's signed his performances have won over the Spanish press and notoriously fickle Madrid fans, which says a lot.

Van Nistelrooy is not far behind in the deserving stakes. I never liked him much for various reasons but he's had a brilliant season. Like Beckham he's a great professional. If only Ronaldo (the fat one) could have taken a leaf out of his book. His performance last night was... breathtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The way Barca are playing, and the pressure they're under from Real & Sevilla, suggests to me that they're gonna drop points. Probably not tonight at home to Betis though :)

Advertisement