Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car audio advice needed

Options
  • 12-05-2007 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hows it goin?

I bought a radio signal booster for my car stereo. The instructions say to attach the Amp turn on wire into the ISO block. How do you remove the old wire from the ISO block? Should it just pull straight out or is there a knack to it?

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you don't give us much about the car and the radio you have. If is a jap import and you try to add a FM modulator to it you need to connect it to the aerial wire or ignition wire.
    Get a test lamp and check power only when ignition on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Mmm, you're not clear.

You will most likely be splicing wires (connecting new into old), not reefing them out.

Is that the power to the aerial amp you're on about? If so you'd splice it to the red or yellow wire, depending on what car you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Sorry - I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to car stereos...

Its a VW golf, 99, with a replacement Pioneer stereo in it. Following the instructions that came with the kit, I would need to attach the new blue wire to the existing yellow one.

Whats the best way of setting about this?

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

in your case the coming from the back of the head unit:

HU = head unit
    CK = car kit

HU yellow = CK red
    HU red = CK blue
    HU black = CK black
    HU yellow/black(mute) = CK yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Once you have identified the correct wire it's easy to remove. The actual metal connector has a tab that you will need to push down as you gently tug at the wire (use a straightened out paper clip or some other narrow poking device). It's unlikely that you will be able to re-use the old connector so you will have to buy a new one from a car stereo supplier. However, would you not take the simple option and tap into the wire itself? You could use a single connector block or simplt strip the wire back a bit and use insulation tape - I'm not a fan of the old insulation tape, but so many people use it these days it's almost accepted practice :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement