Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling my current car now,getting new car in few weeks,insurance issues?

Options
  • 12-05-2007 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm selling the car I drive at the moment, but I will not be getting my new car for a few weeks. I'm just wondering what to do about my car insurance. Is there any way to pause the ipolicy before i change it over to the new car or do I have to cancel the policy altogether and then take out a new one?

Any ideas/advice

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

you can suspend ur policy, but it has to be for a month min, you send them ur docs i think and when you carry on cover, ya shud get some cash back, thats the way it works with Quinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Just suspend the insurance.You will need to give back your paperwork. Then when you get a new car just give them the new details and if you need to pay them you can through credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

If its only a few weeks leave it running, you may need to borrow somebodys car or take a test drive(once you have option to drive other peoples cars). Insurance companies oddly enough let you remain insured on a car even if you no longer own it

Advertisement