Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best coffee shop in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Wasn't sure where to put his, not technically about the best coffee shop in Ireland :P but there are three new cafes on Thomas Street that are worth a look if anyone is in the vicinity. Piedescalso, Caffe Noto and the Food Gallery. I had a coffee (small americano 2.20E) in the Food Gallery today and it was very good. Crap name but a lovely place with art on the walls, good background music and lovely interesting decor. The food looked good too, so i shall be going back soon to try it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

Yeah, I've been in Piedescalso before, it's a real NCAD cafe. Lots of arty students that remind me of Camille O'Sullivan, that burlesque singer. Nice and cosy place though, can't remember what the coffee was like.

What's that place with the colourful chairs? It's right opposite Piedescalso and Noto, at the lights.

What do people think of the Brewbaker cafes, up around Nassau St. and one off of it, near Dunne and Crecenzi's. They claim the best coffee in Dublin.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I don't know about Brewbaker's yet but I have heard at least 3 or 4 different places advertising the best coffee in Dublin/Ireland. They must get together for independant judging contests unbeknown to us all and announce 4-way ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Lile Brioche on Aungier St. Bald Barista serves great coffee too. Cant forget Simons Place either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Has anyone mentioned Cobbler's just off Leeson Street yet?
    I find myself going there, getting a nice latte (although all their coffee I've tasted is lovely) and going out to their conservatory. Makes me love mondays as I have time to do this before going to college.

Bastards!

I remember someone telling me before that their coffee was pretty exceptional too but they're cafe's are a little "Campbells Catering" if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Anyone recommend an early morning coffee stop? I'm usually passing through Wexford St, Kevin St, Christ Church, Phibsboro areas at about 6.45 in the morning, anywhere along that route that serves something above the common automated machine junk that every centra and spar shop has?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Anyone recommend an early morning coffee stop? I'm usually passing through Wexford St, Kevin St, Christ Church, Phibsboro areas at about 6.45 in the morning, anywhere along that route that serves something above the common automated machine junk that every centra and spar shop has?
    Coffee society at the top of Camden street maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

The Bald Barista on Aungier Street, just before the church (in the lobby of Avalon House B&B). No question about it. Exceptional coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

Sea Devils wrote: »
    starbucks.jpg

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

As recommended by an earlier poster Harlequin Cafe, just of Patrick's Street in Waterford city centre, excellent coffee, really nice guys. Worth checking out.

http://www.harlequin-cafe.com/

If you happen to be going through Donnybrook on your way into town there's a Spar and Insomnia 24-hour combination bananza on the way into Donnybrook in which the Insomnia is actually open through the night too. Thats better than robot coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

If you happen to be going through Donnybrook on your way into town there's a Spar and Insomnia 24-hour combination bananza on the way into Donnybrook in which the Insomnia is actually open through the night too. Thats better than robot coffee.

I must give that a try, I pass it every morning. Cheers! Bald Barista sounds good too and it's convenient so I'll try that. Thanks for the tips everyone,

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Big Wave wrote: »
    I agree.

Glad to say that my Coffee tastes have gradually become more sophisticated since then:cool:

Some good Coffee Shops in Galway would include Tiki Cafe whixh is excellent or the Cafe Express place in Shop Street. Other then that it's meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eoin31

anybody have a suggestion for the best coffee to buy for my machine at home. i buy tesco french roast which is quite nice but does anyone have any suggestions. i make filter coffee just in case its important

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

eoin31 wrote: »
    anybody have a suggestion for the best coffee to buy for my machine at home. i buy tesco french roast which is quite nice but does anyone have any suggestions. i make filter coffee just in case its important

Check out the 2 stickies on the main page for some suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 sourgrapes

Time this thread had an update. I wouldn't consider myself a coffee coinnoseur - wine is my thing - but I'm a bit of a fastidious auld fart when it comes to coffee. I hate take-out, scalding my palate on an Americano while bolting to work just doesn't do it for me.

I like to sit and savour my coffee. To that end, I read about 3rd Floor Espresso in the Irish Times which after opening 5 weeks ago, already has a cult following. You won't get tall, grande etc. What you will get is a meticulous attention to detail, amazing coffee and, if you want it, an education on coffee. It's actually turned out to be my new "local" for coffee (so much so, I wrote about it here).

Advertisement