Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Your Score and Rate The Course Thread

• 12-05-2007 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

I had an idea for the golf forum, a post your score and rate the couse stickie. But a little more complicated than that!! lol

Each course would have it's own thread and then would be linked in the stickie thread to save searching through all of the threads. If a course the poster has played isn't there then they add it on and post the link to the thread in the stickie. Then each course can be all listed in one post in alphabetical order maybe?

I see it as a good way of building info on courses that we have played and i don't think it will clutter the place up too much due to the relatively low level of traffic here(more a lurker than a poster myself) and if it did then all the better and it could be made a sub forum of golf eventually

Just an idea and I don't mind doing the work to get it started.

Ruggiebear has already given his support to the idea, so will i get started on it then?

Onkle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

Thats a great idea...I'll do corballis if required as its the home course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Go for it Onkle. Can I suggest that each course reviewer includes their handicap, time of year they played the course, condition of greens, fairways, tee boxes, and weather conditions?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

smashing idea.

I am a member of hollywood lakes, but play on so many courses due to club comps and junior comps opens etc.

And i think it would be a marvellous researching idea.

get it going son!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

It'd do no harm to include par 3 and pitch and putt courses too.

good suggestions there madds, also cost of green fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Onkle wrote:
    It'd do no harm to include par 3 and pitch and putt courses too.

good suggestions there madds, also cost of green fees

I would rather it was kept to golf clubs at the moment and see how we get on.

I can create a list of all GUI/ILGU golf clubs if we need it.

S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I can do Elm Green if you like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I can offer reviews for Lucan GC and Courtown GC.

Ok we might as well start this so, I haven't had a game in a while myself so i'll leave it to whoever wants to start then link your thread to the one i'll ask the guys to stickie.

Do it one thread per course then when you want to read the thread go to the stickie and read click on the link

Remember to include

Your Score
    Your Handicap

And any comments or tips that others may find useful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Count me in for Kilkea Castle and Mount Wolseley

• Advertisement

BUMP

Come on people - update the sticky with your course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Is it just the course your a member of, or are we doing it for courses we visit as well (or both)? First couple of courses were pretty detailed, might not manage that much detail for courses we've only played once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

should have mine finished soon...

Is it just the course your a member of, or are we doing it for courses we visit as well (or both)?

Whatever... The more info the better i suppose

Advertisement