Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

[HELP!]Citroen Xantia Factory alarm problem

Options
  • 12-05-2007 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

My old man is having problems with the factory fitted alarm on his 2001 Xantia.

Last week he was driving along and the alarm went off! Another time it was locked and went off for no apparant reason. Then another fine day he had it locked but had left a window open, it would normally have gone off within a few minutes but didn't!
    Then last night it went off at 4am!

Given that no one in their right mind is ever going to steal the thing, he just wants to disconnect it.

I am told that the alarm sounder is under the wiper motor although it is not visible, but as he has had the windscreen replaced, the black trim and grill above the wiper motor have been sealed to the windscreen so I am unable to get in at it to snip the wires.

I have tried resetting the alarm by pressing the alarm button for 30sec with the ignition on and doors closed but this does not seem to have worked as the alarm will not go off at the moment no matter what I do to try and trigger it.

Does anyone know where the black box for the alarm is? And what colour are the wires I need to snip to disable the sounder?

Or any other solutions?

Thanks D-M.

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Anyone got any ideas on this, before the neighbours get the shotgun out!!??

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

follow the sound and you'll find the siren, then follow the wires from that to the brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

louie wrote:
    follow the sound and you'll find the siren, then follow the wires from that to the brain.

Jaysus, now why didn't I think of that?

Except as I pointed out in my post, I can't get the siren to trigger so I don't know for sure where it is. (It only operates at times of it's choosing, like 4am!)

I'm told it's in the bulkhead under the wiper motor but I can't get in at it as there is a plastic grille over it which is bonded to the windscreen. If I could find the right wires I would just snip them, no need to trace them back to the box...

But Louie, thanks for taking the time to post;)

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement