Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of object do you drink from?

Options
  • 12-05-2007 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Ever since I read of it in Ulysses I've wanted a mustache cup;

cup.jpg

For now though I have a couple of mugs I was given at various times as presents. Anyone drink their coffee or tea from something special?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ooh, distracting.....that is very very cool, but I'd be too scared of breaking it to use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm a big fan of the Illy collection of espresso cups
    http://www.illy.com/int/expression/illy-collections/cup-gallery/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

This is what I drink coffee from. Funnily enough I'm actually very particular about this. We have two of these cups and anytime I brew some coffee I always, without fail, use these two glass cups. When they are full they look really good, not to mention the smell of fresh coffee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Aidan I'm seriously considering ordering one of those for the occasional latte! :D
    ~ Note to self: Put down the credit card and step away from laptop! ~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Aidan I'm seriously considering ordering one of those for the occasional latte! :D
    ~ Note to self: Put down the credit card and step away from laptop! ~
    I'll not make the decision any harder so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

r3nu4l wrote:
    This is what I drink coffee from. Funnily enough I'm actually very particular about this. We have two of these cups and anytime I brew some coffee I always, without fail, use these two glass cups. When they are full they look really good, not to mention the smell of fresh coffee!!

I have those as well. They're quite nice. I like the wire handles.

I have two gorgeous little espresso cups that I picked up in the Sangrada Famila in Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Just a tall white mug with "I love chocolate" written on it.
    It's mine and mine alone!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I drink my coffee out of a travel mug mainly. I have a nice set of expresso cups that i purchased recently too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I am a closet bogger, so I put my tea in this and drink to a life in the country
    large__22_07_2005_13_46_PM401_CL_4cm.jpg
    or this:
    KC32%20Globetrot%20Cow_green.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any mug I can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

My British Sea Power mug, mainly

ever since I smashed my giant coffee cup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

A Mug... I fooking hate cups. ESPECIALLY those crappy 'stackable' ones you get in restaurants and hotels. Drives me up the wall.

Oh - and edited to say. The walls of the mug must not taper. They have to be parallel to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

1f17_1_b.jpg

One of these bad boys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Perfect for a double ristretto:

2flozshotglasslined1floz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jimmytwo

I like the Bodum Pavina for espresso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I drink from a ladies silk slipper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

olaola wrote:
    A Mug... I fooking hate cups. ESPECIALLY those crappy 'stackable' ones you get in restaurants and hotels. Drives me up the wall.

Oh - and edited to say. The walls of the mug must not taper. They have to be parallel to the top.

Why's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I got a present at Christmas a few years ago that had a small whisk and a packet of hot chocolate powder. I now use the cup, similar to below, for tea. :)

5877.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

lg-caffeine-mug.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

These bad boys are currently on the way to me, hopefully they will arrive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

Jeez I dont agree with *any* of the drinking vessels so far.
    I'm very pernickity about this...it has to be a fine china mug, no tapering. I want my mouth to be full of coffee, not bl00dy pottery.
    I really hate big soup bowl clay cups although I dont mind smaller china ones, for tea only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Billyblanks i love that cup and saucer set! Where u get them?

My current favourite is a white cup and saucer set from Gaggia just with their logo on the front, got in BTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

Hi Missmatty

Bought them from here http://www.zoxx.com/cart.php?target=category&category_id=133

Super crap looking website but a good selection.

Although they still havent arrived :mad:

I ordered them 2 weeks ago, they say they sent them 9 days ago, so hold off ordering anything from them untill I get mine!

Advertisement