Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maths *******d 2007

• 12-05-2007 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

has the 2007 paper been published online yet?
    can someone leave a link?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Give us a hint. Which Maths paper?

If it's for a particular Uni you might be better off posting the request in that forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

the Irish Mathematical *******d (IrMO) 2007

the final exam was today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

It's not here yet but it might be soon enough.

Why on earth is "*******d" is censored. By the way that word is "Olympi@d", with '@' meaning 'a'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

It's not here yet but it might be soon enough.

Why on earth is "*******d" is censored. By the way that word is "Olympi@d", with '@' meaning 'a'!

Because an organisation which one cannot post about owns that particular venue, and so it is automatically censored. It happened on the lc thread too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

dan719 wrote:
    Because an organisation which one cannot post about owns that particular venue, and so it is automatically censored. It happened on the lc thread too.

Ah yes, that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

has the 2007 paper been published online yet?
    can someone leave a link?

All of the second paper is on Mathlinks, and I can send Paper 1 if it's wanted.

Also, the Roll of Honour is now up here. I cam 7th again (one of the team for the second year in a row!) :(

thanks man

7th again, tough break. will you be training with the group as a replacement?

i believe that you made the computer *******d team (u told me yourself or maybe i heard u wrong) so good luck with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

thanks man

7th again, tough break. will you be training with the group as a replacement?

i believe that you made the computer *******d team (u told me yourself or maybe i heard u wrong) so good luck with that

Yeah, although I think I'm the first person to ever miss the team by one place twice, so maybe I'll be remembered as a kind of IrMO horror story. Even after last year I had people I didn't know saying to me after I introduced myself - "oh yeah! you're the guy that missed the IOI and the IMO by one place!". And Derek admitted to telling jokes about me then, I shudder to think what he'll say now!

I haven't heard anything about the training, so I doubt I'll be going. As for the Informatics, yeah, I should (hopefully) be on the team (came third in the last national competition; there may be one more round but I don't think I'll drop two places).

How is ACM/ICM/<some vowel>CM (too many competitions with similar acronyms!); the one you were preparing for when we spoke after the last Dublin qualifier?

yeah that one is called the MCM
    it went all right (successful participant) considering that it was my first time entering it. we had no idea what to expect and the lack of actual maths (which is what the first M stands for!) was a shock.

don't mind derek...you did better than i did the two years i did it...and yes, you will be remembered as a kind of horror story

Advertisement