Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Apocalyptia at the Eurovision

• 12-05-2007 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Have to say, after watching the Eurovision (now known as Cold War II) I think the only highlight was Apocalyptia's cracking performance at the interval.
    Anyone else catch it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yup, saw it. Life Burns was good. Didn't know they had a chick playing with them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Yup - they were brilliant! I had never heard of them before - and have to say - amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Damn! I missed it, I have a couple of their albums including "Metallica by four cellos". I'm sure it'll be on youtube soon enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

i was relly hoping that that trapese (?) artist woman would fall and nut herself off the very hard ground while they were playing.

she had a wobble but held it together.

it was a bad night all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I thought Apocalyptica were amazing (and sexy ;)) as ever. Life Burns was spectacular. The trapeze artists were great to watch too, along with the music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

i hope the actual broadcast of it goes up soon, i find it odd, because last year the performances were up within the hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I have it but I only got it from another forum. It hasnt been uploaded on youtube yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yea i saw it was a great spin on the eurovision. cant believe ukraine came second though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Who won? And wjere did we come?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ELLIEJ

We should have been in minus votes for the total unsuitability of the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Yeah, we were crap. The only thing worse than the uk beating us was that we voted for them.

Apocalyptica were fantastic. I've only heard the metallica stuff before.

Ditto on the trapese woman, i was just waiting for her to slip. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

People just looked at me when I said "Oh wow, Apocalytia" when I saw them. Was an amazing performance

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Yeah they were pretty great! That opening riff they played was a bit unisnspired but the later bits when that acrobat was swinging around the place were pretty great. Nice co-ordinated headbanging also!

btw- are any of the performances on Eurovision actually live and not backing tracks/pre recorded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Was Apocolyptica live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That was quite excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Patricide wrote:
    I cant believe ukraine came second though.

I know what you mean, how the hell did they not win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

pithater1 wrote:
    Have to say, after watching the Eurovision (now known as Cold War II) I think the only highlight was Apocalyptia's cracking performance at the interval.
    Anyone else catch it?

Bull****. Lordi rocked, as per usual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement