Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfield Library

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

elmyra wrote:
    I always thought you were a boy??? :o

WOW talk about dejá vu!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i think his avatar is confusing you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

elmyra wrote:
    I always thought you were a boy??? :o

sheesh! I think the correct term you're looking for is hermaphrodite! lol
    I really like Dogbert, is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Red Alert wrote:
    i think his avatar is confusing you!

Her avatar :p

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

The late study place was open overnight when it was on the fifth floor of the library, it was always packed until about eleven then almost everyone went home. I don't think it would be worth keeping the library open all night for the benefit of one or two people (I've always done my best work between 2am and 6am but always at home-it's quiet by then usually;) ) . Not sure why it's not running this year, maybe because Mary Clayton stepped down as VP for students and a change in SU people? The notices in the restaurant all said the place had been provided at the request of the VP for students.

I haven't been in the health sciences library yet, it looks nice from the outside, it must be like a greenhouse when it's hot though. Recommended over the JJ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I wear ear plugs in there all the time when I'm in Health Sci as it's quite noisy and the engineers haven't exactly worked out the issues with the windows.... Bloody noisy!

If you're a natural night fanatic like me then you will love the top floor - it's really bright.

It seems to be a bit of a fave for commerce students from what I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

If you're a natural night fanatic like me then you will love the top floor - it's really bright.

Too bright for me tbh. Just ain't feeling it. Found a nice seat in JJ, 4th floor near the back, facing the wall. Close enough to people if I need to ask questions, far enough not to keep looking around at stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I wear ear plugs in there all the time when I'm in Health Sci as it's quite noisy and the engineers haven't exactly worked out the issues with the windows.... Bloody noisy!
    You see thats why its bad that Civils aren't in the engineering building much. Cos if they were they'd notice
    a) how much it echoes
    b) how boiling it gets on a warm day because of the windows
    At least it gives us nice places to study so I don't have to put up with the crapness that is the library. I've been in there twice this year. Queuing. It won't be repeated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

See it's the heat that's the problem.

They engineers/architects devised this great plan of thermostatically controlled windows whereby they'd open when the place got too warm and closed when it got too cold. Problem is the windows can't seem to make there mind up and open a bit, close a bit, open a wee bit more two minutes later... you get my drift.

But overall I like the place, I find my eyes don't get half as tired in there and I can study longer and better. That's what I need.

Advertisement