Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are NTL blocking BitLord?

Options
  • 12-05-2007 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Sorry I dont know where to post this but I cant connect to Bitlord at all..are NTL blocking traffic? How do I get around this?..It was working fine last wednesday morning. but when I say fine I mean that I have watched my download times decrease from an hour to 5 hours even though there mite be 1000 or more seeders. can someone please help. I tried using bitcomet and enabling encrytpion but this doesnt work either. Is it just NTL who are traffic shaping ?:confused: :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

torrents are fine here for me, try changing to utorrent or azureus.

Also on ntl btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭twilightsection

nothing..still cant connect...cant even select a listening port in azureus it keeps saying its blocked by another application even though its not..:confused:

Is anyone else having this problem or know anyway around this problem. I checked again this morning and thought maybe it was a freak occurance but its obvioulsy not. Are all ISP's blocking p2p traffic? My con tract is up in a week and there is no way im renewing it with NTL. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

I'm using Bitlord on NTL right now and it's working fine.

you in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Yeah. Dublin 7.

Do you have any ideas as to how i could get around this problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Im having probs with torrents on NTL here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Your router might be blocking the traffic.
    Try port forwarding:
    http://portforward.com/routers.htm

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you guys are using that white Netgear wireless router which Ntl supply, that is more than likely your problem.

• Advertisement

its def not the router coz i connected directly to the modem straight away when i noticed this problem and have been connected ever since..def not the router even though they are pieces of sh&t!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

twilightsection, if I see any further mention of downloading tv shows or any hints of copyright material I'm locking this thread and you will be banned.

Also changed titile as its clear NTL are not blocking bitlord!

Apologies..I only asked were NTL blocking bitlord I didnt say they were blocking it.."Are NTL Blocking BitLord?"

Did someone edit or delete a post? I don't see any mention of copyright material.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dopey wrote:
    Did someone edit or delete a post? I don't see any mention of copyright material.

yes, the op edited his post and removed mention of downloading tv shows

Advertisement