Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complete my look

• 12-05-2007 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Got a very important date with my girlfriend coming up at the end of the month - we havent seen each other in a couple of weeks (long distance + exams) so I want to impress her as much as I can. She's not shallow in the least, but hell, it cant not help to look good for her! ;)

So, ive got these new sunglasses today, Jasper Conran and when I saw them I just had to have them. Set me back a pretty penny but deffinatley worth it. Also got a stylish black shirt with long sleeves, which I plan to wear rolled up loosely to just below my elbows. Need to get some new jeans and shoes - I have some really nice black Ben Sherman shoes but cant imagine them going with a pair of jeans that would suit the rest of my appearance. Are light blue jeans out of the question? They look good with the shirt/shades but what shoes then go with this? Any advice would be great, thanks folks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭leann

light blue jeans are terrible do not wear them!! Get a pair of dark dark blue jeans and wear them with some casual shoes have a look in schuh they usually have casual styles that you can wear well with jeans and a shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Dont roll the sleeves up too much, go with slip ons like vans for the shoes, they've some nice grey ones in Size?, and def go for darker denim jeans. Try get a belt that stands out a bit too and you'll be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Any dark denim jeans and a pair of brown wallabies wouldn't be too far wrong

Any dark denim jeans and a pair of brown wallabies wouldn't be too far wrong

If you're going with black and dark denim dont mix with brown. Doesnt match that well unless you've a lighter shade going on there. Sorry Bateman, we can still be friends tough? Dark grey or cream for me

Suggestion http://caliroots.com/system/search/product.asp?id=8411

• Advertisement

Sorry, I can't be friends with anyone who reccomends/wears Vans. :( It's OK if the bloke says he's a skater type but he doesn't seem to be.

Having said that, that caliroots shop isn't too bad. :)

On dark denim and brown, I still think it can be carried off; not many people do it though, that's the problem. There are plenty of decent brown shoes about, but people go into a shop 100% sure that it's black and black only. Don't really understand it myself. :confused:

Meh im a bit bored with the runners market at the moment, a decent pair of plain slip ons does me, regardless of the brand.

Ya Caliroots is class havent ordered from them yet, think they're swedish which helps make it cooler. Crooks and Castles, their range is intriuging my wallet most right now.

ps. Agree to disagree on the dark denim/brown, I really dunno why we're so worried, this guy already has a gf surely she wont care unless he wears bermuda shorts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dark blue "stone washed" jeans. Match your shoes to your belt. Roll the sleeves up to just under your elbows and tight enough that they won't keep slipping down during the night.

Dont forget to wear a parrot on your shoulder. Pleasing to the eye and exotic, they also will come up with "amusing" phrases if you run into a tight spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Dont forget to wear a parrot on your shoulder. Pleasing to the eye and exotic, they also will come up with "amusing" phrases if you run into a tight spot

ha brilliant that made me laugh so much.

i prefer dark jeans on guys and wouldnt wear brown shoes esp since you have a black shirt

• Advertisement

Yesssssssssss 1pt for me then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Stephen12

Black shoes will look good with light blue jeans and the black shirt
    Let us know what she thinks afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

Bateman wrote:
    Sorry, I can't be friends with anyone who reccomends/wears Vans. :( It's OK if the bloke says he's a skater type but he doesn't seem to be.

On dark denim and brown, I still think it can be carried off; not many people do it though, that's the problem. There are plenty of decent brown shoes about, but people go into a shop 100% sure that it's black and black only. Don't really understand it myself. :confused:
    there are plain cream vans that look really really well with jeans and shirt from a female's point of view anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Bateman wrote:

Vans are ACE sneakers. They're trendy and hip. Take it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Yesssssssssss 1pt for me then

ill give you 2 pts it was that good. op let us know what she thinks anyway you can inform her the good people at fashion and appearance on boards helped you out,

Advertisement