Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to bring Interrailing? / What size backpack

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Later, suckers! :D

Flying out at 6.30am

Enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I know in advance that I am not going to be camping. So with this in mind how important is the sleeping bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

i amn't planning for some of the bedding they give me in a hostel to be the same as i'd expect in a 4 star hotel, thats why im bringing one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I know in advance that I am not going to be camping. So with this in mind how important is the sleeping bag?

was thinking the same myself, currently debating whether to bring a light sleeping bag or just a sleeping bag liner to use if the sheets are a bit suspect since ill be staying in hostels all the way...

I think in one of the hostels I stayed in there was just a bed, nothing else, so it was necessary then. But all others had sheets & stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Myth wrote:
    I think in one of the hostels I stayed in there was just a bed, nothing else, so it was necessary then. But all others had sheets & stuff.

Yeah I was checking out hostels online and they always seem to state if they are going to have bedding. I think I may risk it and if it becomes absolutely neccessary buy a cheap one out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

We booked our flights for interrailing on monday... I know the max baggage is 15kgs, but whats the story with bringing baggage on to the plane?? Do you have to pay extra or is there a certain size and weight restriction.. We're booked with Ryanair

• Advertisement

yeah there is it says it on the site somewhere, i'm fairly sure you're allowed another 10kg in hand luggage (I'm not sure if they weigh it anywhere though). But remember theres nothing to stop you wearing 2 or 3 jumpers onto the plane and taking them off once you get on. We're flying back with ryanair so we plan on wearing jeans and a hoody (only bringing one of each) as these would be our heaviest clothes, and if we're overweight we'll just wear more clothes onto the plane rather than them being included in our 15kg allowance.

Just a quick question regarding this - We're flying back from Poland and want to bring back a few bottles of vodka, does anyone know can we bring these onto the plane if we buy them in the airport duty free area? And does this count as part of our hand luggage allowance? IIRC there is nowhere after duty free where they could possibly weigh my hand luggage, but i could be wrong?

oh and what type of electricity adapter do you used in eastern europe? is it the 2 pin one like in france etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Standard 2 pin, yes.
    If you buy alcohol/perfume/makeup/water etc in duty free then yes you can take them on the plane and no they don't count as your one item of hand luggage.

Bit late for the rest of this but anyway, a sleep sheet is invaluable while travelling because in many places you have to pay for sheets and in other places the sheets aren't changed regularly. Lots of hostels won't allow you to use a sleeping bag but if you're camping then it's probably a wise investment.

so do you mean a cover for the bed and something else to cover you?

just wondering why cant you use sleeping bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

so do you mean a cover for the bed and something else to cover you?

just wondering why cant you use sleeping bags?
    Something to do with bed bugs (no joke) which are very prominent in hot climates and can build up and spread in sleeping bags.

packing now, cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

yay I'm delayed. A sleep sheet is like a large sheet which has been sown together so it's like a sleeping bag. You're supposed to use them with sleeping bags as they keep the bag clean and also keep you warmer when it's cold or allows you to still be covered/lying on something if you want to use your sleeping bag as a blanket.
    I think mine cost me about AUD$20 back in the day (about six years ago) but you can buy a king size sheet and hem it together.

Advertisement