Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here roast their own beans?

Options
  • 13-05-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭

Well I've already got the espresso maker and home grinder....
    Next logical step is a home roaster or is it !?!?!?!?

I was surprised whilst ordering some coffee gear during the week
    that a home-roaster is available for under €300.
    http://www.aerolatte.biz/indexs.html

My question is does anyone here have any experience of home
    roasting?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Anyone here roast their own beans?

My question is does anyone here have any experience of home
    roasting?

I have a bit of experience of both, but this should really be in S&S!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

I've been Toying with the idea of trying out home roasting. I'm seriously considering one of these. Has anyone ever tried one of these beasties, or its earlier incarnation?
    Of course, the other issue is getting green beans. I'm presuming online is the way to go. There are coffee roasters around, but do they sell green beans retail?

Opinions welcomed and appreciated. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Haven't tried it myself yet, so I'll wiat for other posters advice..
    copacetic wrote:
    I have a bit of experience of both, but this should really be in S&S!
    LOL, is it really that good???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

AFAIR there was a real coffee geek on the radio who would use a popcorn maker to roast his beans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

I've been home roasting now for about 3 years now and I love it. I started on the Alpenrost but recently bought this baby... http://www.toper.com/default.asp?L=EN&mid=174&cat_id=165&urun_id=47

I was constantly disappointed with the quality of coffee I was buying, paying €20 per KG for very average coffee, so I decided to look for ways to improve my coffee, after a lot of research I decided home roasting was the only way to go.
    I now roast coffee once a week.....the coffee is far Superior than anything you can buy in the supermarkets.
    Anybody considering home roasting....give it a go, you will love the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

I've been home roasting now for about 3 years now and I love it. I started on the Alpenrost but recently bought this baby... http://www.toper.com/default.asp?L=EN&mid=174&cat_id=165&urun_id=47

I think your compensating for something

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

SeaSide wrote:
    I think your compensating for something

You are correct....I was compensating for having a small roaster!

Advertisement