Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basic questions

• 13-05-2007 1:00am

What's all this 3G, 2G stuff? What's so good about this new 3 network? Can you only get 3G with 3? What's so good about 3G?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

answers here

I like it :) thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

2g is a normal network like o2 and the rest of the service providers whereas 3g is offered by vodafone and 3 and you can download music etc.
    Look on 3 or google website for more information

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks
    No problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

also worth noting that 3G isn't really being used in this Country, like already said its only provided by vodafone and 3. But it's got huge potential beyond what they provide. As well as that, 3G phones use more power than your average mobile so battery time is considerable reduced.
    It's like when camera phones came out first, they were nice to have but you never really used it cause it was pretty crappy. Give it another few years and we'll really see what 3g can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 offer 3G services also, but they're not as developed as the other two (they are in most major citys)

3 have the best value rates and I think Vodafone have some interest in their champions league downloads etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

ciaranfo wrote:
    O2 offer 3G services also, but they're not as developed as the other two (they are in most major citys)

I've noticed my 6233 often has a 3G symbol in the corner, doesn't seem to make my mobile experience any different though. I can't do video calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

3G isn't video calls. Video calls is one possible feature on a 3G network. 3G is about high speed data transfer for the most part with video calling being one of the things that this helps - as well as video downloads, music downloads, streaming video etc.

O2 don't support video calling btw.

Advertisement