Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question:Synth sound on Tommib

Options
  • 13-05-2007 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Does anybody know how Squarepusher got that sound on the track Tommib?

Would I be able to get close to that with a Vst or soundbank?

I'm not really into electronic music so I'm not sure where to start (as in I would need the actual VST setting as opposed to getting it myself by tweaking the oscilators!!!) but I just think the sound is really haunting and I'd like to play around with it,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Applied Acoustic Systems make a VST instrument called Lounge Lizard. It simulates an electric piano AFAIK and can be made to sound a lot like the instrument on that Tommib track. Demo is available here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

So it's like a fender rhodes sound with a lot of tweaking and fx.

Now that I listen to it again that kind of makes sense!!!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Don't know the song you asked about, but check out Mr. Ray and Mr Tramp for good freebie electric pianos.

http://www.soundfonts.it/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Checked out the Lounge Lizard website. That sounds like a great VST. Coincedently, it sounds like the general VST solution I've been looking for!!! I've been looking for a good Fender Rhodes emulator and this has that and a lot more. Looks like pretty good value to me...

I can see I am going to spend many hours on that www.sondfonts.it website!!! I love the organised trio VST and mess around with it a lot, but I never checked out the home page. Cheers,

Dave

Advertisement