Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100% guaranteed official summer exams thread!!!111!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Balls i mis read my Japanese exam for tomorrow when it was infact today! :(
    BALLS

Next one tomorrow morning

(sicne i missed it do i have to do anything to tell them thta i fooked up or will they just stick me down as absent and have me repeat in december? Kicking myself here, :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

B-K-DzR wrote:
    (sicne i missed it do i have to do anything to tell them thta i fooked up or will they just stick me down as absent and have me repeat in december? Kicking myself here, :( )

yeah,down as an absent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

B-K-DzR wrote:
    BALLS

Bad luck man, bit of a kick in the balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

B-K-DzR wrote:
    BALLS

yeah its a repeat in december.Dont worry im doing afew then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

B-K-DzR wrote:
    BALLS

Awhh sh!t man, saying that sucks doesn't do that justice. :(

I hope you've printed off your timetable now! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

yup and im gonna double check it daily.

Ah well guess it was due a **** up after taking it all a little too easy :(

To maths i go this morn! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Did my functional anatomy practical today. Kinda hard but the examiner was nice so *crosses fingers* should be grand. My evil day is tomorrow, ahhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Kicked off with Game Theory at 12 today. The exam was kinda tricky, but questions were fair - didn't enjoy the answer 4/4 though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Yeah I had game theory today too, it was my second exam. Answering four out of four wasn't nice at all, but our lecturer is 'belling' up the marks so heres hoping !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

there'll be two questions on what is political science [kkv and stuff]
    a question/2 on comparative case study methodology,
    rational choice
    elite interviewing
    the theorists - popper etc
    and an 8th one i can't remember - not looking good!
    and thats it as far as i can remember! answer two Qs outta those.
    i'd recommend doing elite interviewing & one from what is political theory, they're the easiest two questions.
    hope it helps :)

Thank you sooooo much, I was studying almost nothing on that list :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Kicked off with Critical Theory and Post-structuralism today (almost as fun as it sounds).

Paper was fine but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to write deep and meaningful answers about such high-falluting things as the Dialectic of Enlightenment with two pigeons ominously circling above my head.

UCD - The University of the Future - Yet we do our exams in a barn with birds in it. Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

B-K-DzR wrote:
    BALLS

Sorry to hear that, that is how I missed my last driving test :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I had my first exam Identity, Diversity and Change on Tuesday, which went alright. I had a short exam in Qualitative Research Methods today, it was relatively straightforward with a question on literature reviews.

I have International Relations and Divided Societies on Friday and Saturday with my last exam in Democratic Theory on May 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Started with the old Constitutional Rights at noon. Went OK, which I'm happy enough with as I was dreading it.

They didn't have enough copies of the constitution for everyone though, alot of people had to share. Oh UCD, how I love thee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Got my first exam tomorrow (Japanese Stage 3), and today I have the worst case of procrastination ever.

*sigh*

Hey, I had that yesterday too. How'd it go for you? I was 5 minutes late and they took 10 minutes to find another copy of the exam. Was furiously writing down the letter then when I looked up I still had 30 minutes for the rest of it, which took about 15. :D

Also, I'm finished this Saturday :) Earliest finisher of everyone I know. I'll be drinking alone, awesome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Notorious wrote:
    Yeah I had game theory today too, it was my second exam. Answering four out of four wasn't nice at all, but our lecturer is 'belling' up the marks so heres hoping !

Yeah, hopefully the belling will make up for any stray marks :D

Just had Labour Economics, seemed to go pretty well. Glad to have the first day over with. I would say it's the worst, but it's not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

Mother dearest was so kind to fetch me a 6 pack of red bull so i'm in the middle of an all nighter. I have Company Law at 9- not even 6 cans of Red Bull can make Company Law remotely interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

High Middle Ages last night. Not too bad actually since the titles were easy enough to predict. Just glad its over:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

High Middle Ages last night. Not too bad actually since the titles were easy enough to predict. Just glad its over:)
    Yeah, I did the Ottomans question - not exactly how I was hoping the question would be asked but the exam wasn't too bad overall. I'm not looking forward to the Irish history though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

This has to be the worst map ever. :)

EDIT: ....................found the zoom button................ ¬_¬

lol it's located within the orange circle. Is it true that economics students have some multiple choice exams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Enlil_Nick wrote:
    Hey, I had that yesterday too. How'd it go for you? I was 5 minutes late and they took 10 minutes to find another copy of the exam. Was furiously writing down the letter then when I looked up I still had 30 minutes for the rest of it, which took about 15. :D

Also, I'm finished this Saturday :) Earliest finisher of everyone I know. I'll be drinking alone, awesome. :)
    Went ok, started with pretty much everything but the letter, which meant I was on a serious speed-BS buzz for that! Reckon it went alright though. Now if only I could pull up some study motivation for Computer Graphics! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Yeah, I did the Ottomans question - not exactly how I was hoping the question would be asked but the exam wasn't too bad overall. I'm not looking forward to the Irish history though!

w0000t!! Hundred years war and 12th century renaissance etc. I really haven't put an ounce of effort in the Irish History module. :(

w0000t!! Hundred years war and 12th century renaissance etc. I really haven't put an ounce of effort in the Irish History module. :(
    Yeah same here, I'm going to be spending some quality time with Alvin Jackson over the next couple of days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

The topics I wanted came up in Cardioresp + Neurology earlier, now to study for the worst of them all, neurophysiology, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, it's on at 6 so if you see someone seriously panicking in the RDS later, it's probably me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

stolenwine wrote:
    lol it's located within the orange circle. Is it true that economics students have some multiple choice exams?

Yep, part of two of our exams are mcq.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

i hate physiology ;(

good luck at 6 dajaffa....seriously...you poor thing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeah same here, I'm going to be spending some quality time with Alvin Jackson over the next couple of days!
    That book is great, has plenty of info but its a very slow read.
    What are ye hoping on?
    Im guessin the Act of Union has to come up since the course is called " Union and Disunion" and we didnt have that as an essay

That book is great, has plenty of info but its a very slow read.
    My feelings exactly! :)
    What are ye hoping on?
    Something famine and labour movement related with any luck, I'm going to go over some of the stuff I did for essays too I think. Literally anything from the course can be asked so it's not easy trying to narrow it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Hmmm, so they're not taking the route of the other module? Essay questions could be asked? Personally, I'm going for Famine and 1916.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, so they're not taking the route of the other module? Essay questions could be asked? Personally, I'm going for Famine and 1916.
    Nope, check the last lecture notes on Blackboard - basically anything can be asked!

Advertisement