Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100% guaranteed official summer exams thread!!!111!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Yep, nobody will look at that if they can help it. It's to stop bias in the marking I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

tribulus wrote:
    There was half of final year pharmacology in the library on friday night by the looks of it - i was there trying and failing to study....

Yeah, I was there myself til 12. Expect to see the same again on Monday, we have a 3pm exam on monday and a 9.30 am exam on tuesday. shiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Was trying to finish my physiology paper last night at five minutes to eight and was DELIGHTED when an invigilator started to rip off the stickers from every.table.in.the.row.beside.me.:eek:
    twas excellent for the ould concentration *rip*patter of feet*rip*patter of feet*rip*patter of feet (you get my drift)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Had Macroeconomics at 6 yesterday; think it went pretty well! The paper was quite fair anyway, didn't seem to be any surprises on, it so I'm hoping that it'll go fairly well.
    One more left tomorrow, Data Structures, which I've already passed. Excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

To the girl sitting across from me in the laptop section at the top of the library:

I just thought you ought to know, you're a fox.

Ok, back to work.
    Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Fremen wrote:
    To the girl sitting across from me in the laptop section at the top of the library:

I just thought you ought to know, you're a fox.

Ok, back to work.
    Sigh.
    hahaha i would love if her friend was sitting behind you and saw you write that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

So would I, I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Well after realising i missed and exam on tuesday, i went to the doc on thursday and was told i had an ear infection and tonsilitis. No wonder i been so tired of late.

same! i went to the doctor this morning, i have a throat infection & i'm on anti-biotics now. how fun.
    hope you feel better soon :)

i missed my exam the other day, i was too tired&my temp was too high.
    i got a sick note though, does that count any for repeats? where do i drop it? anyone got any advice here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

5 down, 1 to go on Wednesday at 3.

3 exams in one day is not even a little bit fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

honestly, how do u actually do three exams in one day? i dont think my brain cud handle that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

Any idea when the results are out??

just take some drugs or something... 3 exams not so much of a problem then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

i missed my exam the other day, i was too tired&my temp was too high.
    i got a sick note though, does that count any for repeats? where do i drop it? anyone got any advice here?

Head to your programme office. I'll hasard a guess that at worst you'll do the repeat at christmas but your grade won't be capped like people who sat the exam before. Depending on the subject they might make alternative arrangement, like an essay or something.

Font22 wrote:
    honestly, how do u actually do three exams in one day? i dont think my brain cud handle that!
    Simple. Plan to go out afterwards, and just think of that. It's easier to get through the exam when you know you;re going straight into town to meet up with friends afterwards.

That and grow an extra hand or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Waltons wrote:
    Had Macroeconomics at 6 yesterday; think it went pretty well! The paper was quite fair anyway, didn't seem to be any surprises on, it so I'm hoping that it'll go fairly well.
    One more left tomorrow, Data Structures, which I've already passed. Excellent :D

as a matter of interest how long were your answers for the writing type questions? I did about a page on each and I was finished in an hour! Wrote all the relevent info i could think of so just a short paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Don't be asking that! I've still got another 4 to do. But I think start of July... if we're lucky

And Raphaels picture thing looks like it says "Éire vs Ice"... its confusing me

as a matter of interest how long were your answers for the writing type questions? I did about a page on each and I was finished in an hour! Wrote all the relevent info i could think of so just a short paper?

I think I did around a page or so for each as well; a bit longer for one or two if I used a good few diagrams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

i did 3 exams yesterday - calculus, physics & philosophy (stupid elective)

is it true that, despite all the continuous assessment, u still have to pass the final exam in order to pass the module?

I can't say for every case, but I know of a few people who've passed without passing the final exam

is it true that, despite all the continuous assessment, u still have to pass the final exam in order to pass the module?

No, unless its specified otherwise, like in one module I had to pass the first aid exam, but in general you just have to pass overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah it's very much dependent on the course.

I know when I was in first year my physics course I had to pass both the continuous assessment and final exam or you failed overall.

gubbie wrote:
    Don't be asking that! I've still got another 4 to do. But I think start of July... if we're lucky

And Raphaels picture thing looks like it says "Éire vs Ice"... its confusing me
    Heehee...so it does. Silly font.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

yeah think at some stage i heard 1st of july...oh how can I wait? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

yeah think at some stage i heard 1st of july...oh how can I wait? :D
    I wonder if it will really be 1st of july

I wonder if it will really be 1st of july

Well it's UCD(D), so I'm gonna go mad here + say... NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Always ask for the year!

i get mine provisionally around june 9th.... im scared :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Is true final year students get them in the post?
    Am i finally worth a stamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Settling in for a night of Law of Tort. I hate me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Gotta cram 4 topics in for my two exams 2moro, Cities in a Global Context in the morning and Geography of Tourism in the afternoon. You'd think after struggling to get to final year I would have learned to prepare a few days in advance..... but no!

Good luck to everyone on the late night study buzz tonight!

Red Bull at the ready, and..... GO!!

Advertisement