Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100% guaranteed official summer exams thread!!!111!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

abelard wrote:
    Settling in for a night of Law of Tort. I hate me. :(

Probably too late to tell you but Blue Bear is buy one get one free in the Clonskeagh Spar. Needless to say given the time of year stocks are low... I actually drank Red Bull for the first time the other night when I was doing some desperate cramming, I'd never resorted to the energy drink buzz for studying lark, times are tough...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

abelard wrote:
    Settling in for a night of Law of Tort. I hate me. :(

Paul McDermott? if so you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

p_larkin99 wrote:
    /agrees

Both McDermotts are ledgebags, you'll be graaand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

p_larkin99 wrote:

Nope, Paul Ward.

Also having major Blackboard problems at the minute, far from helping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

One last exam on May 29. I'm looking forward to my just reward that night! I was fairly happy with my previous Politics exams in International Politics and Divided Societies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

p_larkin99 wrote:

ah the days of pmcd exams- unlucky not to have him and he's such a loss to the Law Faculty- still though- Tort happens, you actually can't fail. There have been no repeats for the Tort exam- like ever

Tá M&#233 wrote: »
    ah the days of pmcd exams- unlucky not to have him and he's such a loss to the Law Faculty- still though- Tort happens, you actually can't fail. There have been no repeats for the Tort exam- like ever

Well this year we still have him for procedure, and the brother for contract and also systems, so over half of my lectures this year have been delivered by a McDermott! :) ......eeexcelllent....

And PMcD nearly ran me down on his bicycle in Dun Laoghaire the other day, ashamed to say I was actually excited. We really obsess over those two a bit too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

Last 2 first year exams today and I just finished my first, and probably last, all night studying EVER!

Well, I studied til about 4, let on to myself that I was studying til about 6, went for a jog around an empty UCD, washed, walked to Spar for milk and had breakfast. Probably my most productive day all year. And it's not even 8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Is it true that there's a shuttle bus from Belfield to Blackrock? If so when does it leave at, and where from?

I have a very scary exam at 2 and don't want to have to deal with the 17 on top of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

ARGHHHHHH :eek:

I wouldn't even mind but I've only two exams, today and wednesday.
    I'll never learn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Vainglory wrote:
    Is it true that there's a shuttle bus from Belfield to Blackrock? If so when does it leave at, and where from?

I have a very scary exam at 2 and don't want to have to deal with the 17 on top of it.

Every 20 minutes from the express bus stop accross the road from the 10, it's supposed to go belfield - blackrock - RDS, if there's nobody on it going to Blackrock it'll probably bring you straight to the RDS, but allow 40 minutes for the journey. There's one leaving each centre every 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

abelard wrote:
    And PMcD nearly ran me down on his bicycle in Dun Laoghaire the other day, ashamed to say I was actually excited. We really obsess over those two a bit too much.
    ... and thats what Rod Gow means to engineering!

My first ever maths exam in a semester without him... I think our maths is getting easier
    Nice one tomorrow, then two not so nice one's and then I'm done on Thursday :) I'm planning those days already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Did anyone else who had a 9am exam this morning (Computer Graphics for me) get really distracted by the Trinity woman screaming her head off for about 15 minutes? Headwrecking :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Wha? Any idea why she was screaming her head off? Was she doing an exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Did anyone else who had a 9am exam this morning (Computer Graphics for me) get really distracted by the Trinity woman screaming her head off for about 15 minutes? Headwrecking :-/
    I was doing an exam at 12 and could hear a woman shouting out 'stop talking' a few times, I assume it was the same person - was coming from the area next door. Was a bit annoying alright.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Any idea when the results are out??
    9th July at the earliest. I had reason to check that out, because I have to have full transcripts into the King's Inns by 6th July.

Still haven't worked the logistics of that one out yet, but I'm sure I can put my faith in the capable hands of the exams office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I left my student card on the desk after my last exam, where would I go to get it back? IT was in pavillion 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Is true final year students get them in the post?
    Am i finally worth a stamp?

Yeah you do, I'd say it's a glorious experience.

@Donald Duck: if it's found by the invigilators it's put on a table at the entrance to the exam hall. A certain former president and education officer lost his at Christmas.

It's worth checking out when your exam board is sitting for finding out roughly when you're getting results, especially if non modularised, I should be able to wangle a date out of one of my lecturers because I'm appealing one of my Christmas exam results.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Vainglory wrote:
    Wha? Any idea why she was screaming her head off? Was she doing an exam?
    She was the invigilator, but there was only a very thin wall between our exam hall and theirs, and their exam started 30 minutes after ours. So every loudly-shouted pre-exam instruction could be heard clear as a bell in our section. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Hooray, I'm finished! :D Finished up with Data Structures II which seemed pretty ok apart from the fact that it was really long; I just about got it all finished!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

She was the invigilator, but there was only a very thin wall between our exam hall and theirs, and their exam started 30 minutes after ours. So every loudly-shouted pre-exam instruction could be heard clear as a bell in our section.
    Ear plugs. Yer only man for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hooray, I'm finished! Finished up with Data Structures II which seemed pretty ok apart from the fact that it was really long; I just about got it all finished!
    I too had that today (i got a maths on wed tho). The answers were really long (actually had to ask for a second book thingy) and while im sure i passed the exam dunno if i did enought with the continous assessment. I really hated that electronic grading thing, REALLY HATED IT.

Ah well will see, enjoy ur summer tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Five down five to go.

Phenomonology was a bit crap, Philosophy os Science was a dream so I'm hoping it will average out.

The Blackrock Campus s really really nice.

Tort done today, survived OK after.

2 more to go on Thursday and Friday, still though, I feel so relieved after today it's like they're over

abelard wrote:
    Tort done today, survived OK after.

2 more to go on Thursday and Friday, still though, I feel so relieved after today it's like they're over
    I feel the same. I still have half my exams to go as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Wow the noise this morning from the Trinity exams in the next hall! There exam started 9.30 and the noise just travels straight through those paper thin walls - just a bit of a distraction. Sounds like its gonna be like that for the next two weeks too. There was more hammering towards the end of the exam again.

Oh I've just done half my exams too, only another 5 to go! Roll on next Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I also left my student card on the desk after my exam today in the science concourse. Went back at 5 (there was another exam in the same place that was an hour longer than mine) and it was gone, found the invigilators office and they said it wasnt their job to pick up things like that, went to science services and she told me to ask the invigilators :(

Mreh. One left. Whoohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

5 down, 4 to go... most horrible one tomorrow at 9.30... its not going to be nice at all. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

As hulla said ear plugs are the way to go.

Wear them in every exam I sit - blocks out a lot of background noise. Saved me doing all my exams last year. Only downside is that you're not aware of people who want to say stuff to you and if you're like me you can actually get a right start from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

YA! It was freaking anoying. I mean we don't repeat 50 times "Please make sure you have your student card and seat number", do they really need it? Are Trinity students stupider then that

And I also had my lovely looking Maths Lecturer distracting me :(

And its only a piece of corrugated iron! I was at the other side of our Pav to the Trinity people and they were using a mic. It was as clear as day and went on I'd say for 5-10 mins

Advertisement