Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100% guaranteed official summer exams thread!!!111!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

theres some prick talking at full volume on the phone in the 4th foor computer level who has about 30 seconds to STFU before his phone is going out the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Whoever adds up your marks so I guess the lecturers do so they can add that grade to the midterm grade?

So they actually know whos paper they are marking that doesn't seem right.

mloc wrote:
    just take some drugs or something... 3 exams not so much of a problem then.

drugs are bad mmmmmmm-kay! Has anyone been taking pro plus or energy tablets come on own up. Me I'm at the start of caffeine cold turkey it's going to be a loooooonnnnnnng week.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I study for 14 hours at a time. You can get stuff done for the first 6 hours with energy tablets etc, but the downer kills off the next 8 hours. I just stick to apples and water with a cup of coffee in the morning.

Works well, I've only fcuked up 2/3 exams. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

stolenwine wrote:
    So they actually know whos paper they are marking that doesn't seem right.
    No no no its all done by student number. They add the final results to the midterm of the student numbers. You only put your name and that there so if there's a problem like your numbers illegible then they can see.

Thats the understanding I get anyway

And I hear Borocca's good

• Advertisement

Well at least I hope they correct the papers using the student number on its own.

Apples and Barocca you say....hmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

All those noise reports kinda make it less crappy that most of my exams are four minutes with an examiner doing an oral/practical exam. High pressure, but tends to be run quite smoothly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

stolenwine wrote:
    Well at least I hope they correct the papers using the student number on its own.

Apples and Barocca you say....hmmmmm.
    Your professor got a vendetta against you ever since he found out you had fairy god parents? Ya I hate when that happens

I hope they sort out them Trinners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Is there any merit in staying up all night to try and cover half your exam material or should i just give up and go to bed now?

It's on at 9am tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

tribulus wrote:
    Is there any merit in staying up all night to try and cover half your exam material or should i just give up and go to bed now?

All a case of how much you've done and the potential to bluff in the exam. If its factual and you know nothing staying up is prob the way to go, just be careful not to sleep in + miss the exam.

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote:

Same. Neuropharm. Fooked, its on in 10 hours and I have a load of work to do.

Caffiene is for kids, Modafanil FTW. Pity it just doesn't really agree with me.

I was thinking of an ECA stack....minus the aspirin,

Yeah its 4 questions, answer 3 but there's a huge range of topics so i need to know some stuff, not a lot of bluffing as its kidney structure, diabetes, inflammation cascades etc. :(

tribulus wrote:
    I was thinking of an ECA stack....minus the aspirin,

Yeah its 4 questions, answer 3 but there's a huge range of topics so i need to know some stuff, not a lot of bluffing as its kidney structure, diabetes, inflammation cascades etc. :(

what unit is it?

A newly formed one i think, PHAR 30020, Renal, Endocrine and Reproduction, so many potential subjects and practically no choice on the exam, ggggrrr.

tribulus wrote:
    A newly formed one i think, PHAR 30020, Renal, Endocrine and Reproduction, so many potential subjects and practically no choice on the exam, ggggrrr.

ah ok. cant really help you there im afraid, im fooked enough myself. Seems like a pretty big unit, though as far as i can remember we had renal with something crap as well last year.

Good luck anyway, I don't know if the course on renal is the same (with the ca/mg receptor and all that) but one of those summaries I sent you outlined the whole renal course from last year.

Yeah to be fair we were basically told one of the questions by DrMcM is on the kidney so thats something anyway, just got to know that and i can get some marks anyway!

Good luck too.

It's not looking good. I'm awake alright but nothing is going in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

ah no you'll be ok. this is my 3rd all nighter in a week. ive one at 9 to- Understanding Entrepreneurs! what a name for a subject. I'm learning how to understand an entrepreneur!!!! must get some prize for worst subject ever!

tribulus wrote:
    It's not looking good. I'm awake alright but nothing is going in....

Ah 4 hours sleep FTW. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to do this during theses exams.

Also, I'd say if you were using ECA you'd want to use the A to avoid the headache from the lack of sleep caused by the EC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I hate being awake at this hour.

Seems the exam thing is now hitting me and I'm not sleeping. GRR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Arrrrrrrrgh...In Blackrock Library waiting for an exam at 2....

I chronically underestimated its difficulty and therefore have overestimated my ability to cram it in 5 hours. Eep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hurray!
    Finished all the hard exams. Just one more left, worth 20% of 5 credits.
    Bye bye finals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I havent sat any exams yet :)

Granted its because Ive been extremely sick and now Ive to repeat in December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Awh sh!t sorry to hear that Kaptain :( Get well soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Had one of those exams yesterday where everything I studied came up in the same section where I could only answer one question and nothing I studied for came up in the other section. So my exam was half fantastic and half absolute bullsh!t wafflefest. 50/50 i'll fail. My other exam was brilliant and I only needed 18% from the exam to pass the module overall so that's cool

Mediocre today, EMT question was decent, Eicosanoid biosynthesis was okay too, estrogen and breast cancer was craptastic. Finished now though, just have to wait and see if im finished for good or if im back in september.

I

tribulus wrote:
    EMT question was decent

Ah they put EMT on it, we didn't have that last year I don't think. Had it this year though. Fun.

Neuropharm paper was lovely, what I thought was going to be my worst exam may well be my best. Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Macro economics was a nightmare but I suppose I shouldn't have expected a nice paper from Vinnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Macro economics was a nightmare but I suppose I shouldn't have expected a nice paper from Vinnie.

Could have been a lot worse in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Arctic89 wrote:
    Could have been a lot worse in fairness.

how??? he didn't ask anything on unemployment or the philips curve. I only knew 3 questions out of 5 and from the samples he gave it sounds like he's marking really hard.

Advertisement