Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for your County! Waterford 4th Place as at 13-05-07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

just 500 to catch Cork... :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Less than 200 now. Keep up the good work lads, we have also managed to open up a good lead over Longford in the process.

#3 13660 Cork
    #4 13463 Waterford
    #5 12494 Longford

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cheere-o Cork. ;)

Job done, just exceeded. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

kildare knocked off the end :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭derdoh

Just 43 ahead of cork now.....

#1 17849 Roscommon
    #2 16518 Tipperary
    #3 13822 Waterford
    #4 13779 Cork
    #5 13004 Longford

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya they are catching up.. I guess they run there program to increase their votes at nite.

Lets hope we can keep past them.

Well im after doing over a hunderd to try and catch cork..ive used nearly everybody that is in the simpsons ha ha,ill keep it going to try and catch them....

#1 17960 Roscommon
    #2 17460 Tipperary
    #3 14041 Cork
    #4 13900 Waterford

#5 13005 Longford

Every bit helps, but there bot is just gonna catch up every night unless we can completely clear the way!

Anybody else finding the monopoly site very slow today.

• Advertisement

Its not fully working today, votes are not being counted a lot of the time.

Also the actual vote page sometimes stops loading or loads fecked up.

Did we break the servers? :P

We're just 150 or so ahead of cork now,if we stay third we are going to be grafton street...

#1 18548 Tipperary
    #2 18214 Roscommon
    #3 14252 Waterford
    #4 14131 Cork

#5 13036 Longford
    #6 11280 Donegal
    #7 9934 Leitrim
    #8 9675 Laois
    #9 9647 Armagh
    #10 9626 Dublin

Ah the joys. ;)
    #1 18558 Tipperary
    #2 18267 Roscommon
    #3 14301 Waterford
    #4 14167 Cork
    #5 13055 Longford
    #6 11338 Donegal
    #7 9955 Leitrim
    #8 9692 Laois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

I can't vote :mad: - I'm clicking & clicking, but nothing's happening :confused:
    Is it cus I don't have a 'local' ISP.... ?

Do I need to register ?

No, there servers been fecked up since yesterday. I tried to vote and was told there was an "Error submitting the vote" and to "try again later". :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Couldn't vote since yesterday.

• Advertisement

Roen wrote:
    Couldn't vote since yesterday.

It seemed to be down today, but iv tested it and its allowing me vote now. Cork were ahead, but we caught up.

#1 18569 Tipperary
    #2 18421 Roscommon
    #3 14404 Waterford
    #4 14394 Cork
    #5 13059 Longford
    #6 11351 Donegal
    #7 10019 Leitrim
    #8 9703 Laois

I cant see us getting any higher. If we get 3rd, it will be tight. The same for Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah i was able to vote too. It's way too tight with cork for comfort. i cant see us holding this position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A load of crap. Invalid email address it says.

Anything at eircom.ie/net works

Not to sure why it rejects everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Waterford now has 12836 votes. How did that happen? A drop of nearly 2,000 votes.

• Advertisement

probally run by Cork people do doubt... cute houres

Ill look into it. There servers been so dodgy. Ill call Hasbro tmrow.

Emailed Hasbro and quizzed them. They have a telephone number and if I can ill call them in the morning before my exams.

Hey,

Spoke to a "Sasha" this morning who informed me that the likelihood is we have been deducted votes due to running scripts which increases our chances of winning. She claims that pretty much every county is running some sort of script and there technical team are doing there best to filter through ALL these votes and removing obvious block voting. I informed her that Roscommon and Tipperary jumped from nothing to the top two and have got away with it and that Cork themselves must be running a script as the votes are increasing rapidly over night. I pointed out as a result, Waterford people probably felt that in order to compete they had to abuse the system. She agreed and told me that she is going to call the Tech Department, a particular woman who is dealing with the matter, and inform them of what I have reported and they will look into it. She has assured me that they are now starting to monitor all the votes coming in.

She also told me that they are only accepting emails from "certain domains" and have became aware of people not being able to vote with their email. If this is the case, you contact them and they will fix the problem. There site has been experiencing technical difficulties as a result of the mass voting.

bloody typical.. Waterford being signaled out yet again and getting the thin end of the stick...

we play by the rules and we get fu**ed over.. do what everyone else is doing and we get fu**ed too:mad:

we just can't win..

I resign from this voting lark

Will be interesting to see if they do take action against the others!

Hasbro emailed me;
    Thank you for your email

We have become aware that some people are using an automated voting script and are therefore not adhering to the terms and condition of one vote per person per day. We have identified this and adjusted the vote accordingly.

Please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards

ASK HASBRO

Responded::-
    Hi again,

You adjusted the votes for Waterford only. Cork, Roscommon & Tipperary have been for a long time now been using automated scripts and voting a lot more then once a day. This is completely unfair - and I would strongly advise your team adjust the votes for the others also so the vote is fair and balanced.

Hasbro has received a lot of press lately about the site in general, which is great publicity, and I don't think Hasbro needs any bad press which is the direction its going by only adjusting one counties vote accordingly.

Be fair - adjust the other counties who clearly use automated scripts.

Regards,

Spoke to Jennifer Long of the Waterford News & Star who has been following closely Monopoly.ie but also the campaigns launched by UpTheDesie.

She has been updated on what has been happening, and has agreed to look into it herself to see if she can find out anything else but also put pressure on them to do something about others cheating.

I also just spoke to Monopoly and they confirmed the reason as to why Waterford have been stripped of our votes. She said that Waterford was brought to there attention first and thats the reason as to why we have been deducted first. They are now going through all the other votes to see who are also running these scripts.

She denied that it was done because Hasbro did not want people to think that Waterford were having any unfair advantage due to the fact that they have an operations here.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Just as we can keep an eye on things, this is the lastest positions

#1 19736 Roscommon
    #2 19211 Tipperary
    #3 14947 Cork
    #4 13083 Waterford
    #5 13062 Longford
    #6 11618 Donegal
    #7 10521 Laois

• Advertisement

#1 19872 Roscommon +136
    #2 19310 Tipperary +99
    #3 15036 Cork +89
    #4 13121 Waterford +38
    #5 13063 Longford +1
    #6 11623 Donegal +5
    #7 10523 Laois +2

And they think waterford are the only ones running some sort of script.

Updates::
    just phoned em....lovely girl, very helpful...............answer is they're checking all emails as they're onto the illegal voting, and the database crashed because of checking into this over last 2 days while upgrading their security.

Anyone who can't legally vote genuinely, should email askhasbro@hasbro.co.uk and they will validitate email address and add their vote...... so if you could pass that on if it helps!

<Name Removed For Privacy>

Check us out on Bebo;
    http://vote4waterford.bebo.com

Not bad eh?

Where the **** did donegal come out off. They have to be using some sort of script also

#1 22525 Tipperary
    #2 22229 Roscommon
    #3 16939 Cork
    #4 14291 Donegal +2668
    #5 14206 Waterford
    #6 13957 Longford
    #7 11366 Fermanagh

Ill pass that onto Hasbro Monday and they will look into it.

Iv spoken to several friends / family of Hasbro staff and they have assured me they will get it looked into.

Some serious questions have to be raised about some of these totals

#1 23843 Tipperary +1318
    #2 23363 Roscommon +1134
    #3 17417 Cork +478
    #4 14726 Donegal +435
    #5 14388 Waterford +182
    #6 14128 Longford +171
    #7 11995 Dublin ...how did they get there????
    #8 11501 Fermanagh +135

this is exactly what bugs me about Ireland... Waterford are the only ones to get shafted time after time after time

Lads we have records - Hasbro has to act. Ill call them tmrow afternoon, and id imagine others will be calling in the morning.

Also, be careful putting up posters - we got caught putting them on a FF billboard and got searched, interagated and told to remove the advert from the Guards. Terrible end to a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Lads, you need to get some hobbies or something. Why are people getting worked up about this?

• Advertisement

JPA wrote:
    Lads, you need to get some hobbies or something. Why are people getting worked up about this?

Im doing it for the fun of it to be honest. I enjoy a good awl campaign like this. You gotta admit, its a pain we loose out cause of others! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Sully wrote:
    Lads we have records - Hasbro has to act. Ill call them tmrow afternoon, and id imagine others will be calling in the morning.

Also, be careful putting up posters - we got caught putting them on a FF billboard and got searched, interagated and told to remove the advert from the Guards. Terrible end to a good day.

LOl you have posters??? post one up here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Sully wrote:

Fair play!

LOl you have posters??? post one up here. :)

We used the ones Hasbro provided on www.monopoly.ie "Join the Campaign".

SuirDesign, Waterford, gave us flyers, small and large posters at a good rate.

Hasbro are holding a meeting regarding this today. I have given a weekend summary showing the strange rises in voting numbers from each county as a clear example of the cheating going on.

I expect an answer by the end of today.

Well done Sully.... Top marks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I voted once, then I've tried again on different days - you can supposedly vote each day can't you? - but five or six times i have been told sorry there is a problem etc. (I've just checked and it does say you can vote once a day). I'm using my own name and eircom email address (cos thats where all the junk goes anyway so a bit more won't matter :D ). I emailed them but just got an automatic 'we have reported your problem yadda yadda' reply. And I still can't vote. :(

Aquos76 wrote:
    Some serious questions have to be raised about some of these totals

#1 23843 Tipperary +1318
    #2 23363 Roscommon +1134
    #3 17417 Cork +478
    #4 14726 Donegal +435
    #5 14388 Waterford +182
    #6 14128 Longford +171
    #7 11995 Dublin ...how did they get there????
    #8 11501 Fermanagh +135

Todays latests figures still raises unanswered questions

#1 26246 Roscommon
    #2 25741 Tipperary
    #3 18080 Cork
    #4 15649 Longford
    #5 15611 Donegal
    #6 15001 Waterford
    #7 13843 Dublin
    #8 12144 Fermanagh

With these figues been recorded, the www.monopoly.ie must have be recording some HITS

Hasbro Rep spoke on WLR today, and claimed that the site may have been hacked and our votes removed. But, the rep claims that cheaters will be found, and votes removed accordingly.

The rep I am in touch with had no update as of yet, but I have replied and asked that it gets escalated to management immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ok so there is some sort of fiddle or glitch going on. I have only voted once since the poll started, every other time I have been told there is a problem. Now its saying my email is invalid. And the only way to complain now is by snail mail or by phoning the UK. Forget it, they won't be selling many irish monopolies in Waterford.

Irish free phone number

• Advertisement
Advertisement