Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for your County! Waterford 4th Place as at 13-05-07

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

what a farce. any of my email addresses (which i've been using all along) are now invalid when i try to vote with them.

looks like they're not showing the leaderboard now either:

board-hide-ie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

lads relax. Its only a ****ty board game

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

looksee wrote:
    Ok so there is some sort of fiddle or glitch going on. I have only voted once since the poll started, every other time I have been told there is a problem. Now its saying my email is invalid. And the only way to complain now is by snail mail or by phoning the UK. Forget it, they won't be selling many irish monopolies in Waterford.

Go to Hasbro.co.uk - "Contact Us" (or Ask Hasbro). Thats there contact form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

Asmodean wrote:
    lads relax. Its only a ****ty board game

how many people in Ireland play it..... a lot I would imagine...

what would happen if Waterford were left off the board completely?

it is bad enough that Geography in schools is not taught properly...

how many citizens of this country know that Waterford is one of only five cities?

judging by the knowledge on different forums not a lot!..

this is why it is imperative that Waterford be high up on the board and it becomes a sought after property. Teach the kids young that Waterford is an important place, and indoctrine that into their minds, and everyday life

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

UpTheDeise have a mailing list thingy for the Irish Monopoly, and iv been updating them through that (large number of people on it actually!).. so, here is a copy of what I just sent them:-
    Hi all,

I received a phone call from the Hasbro Sales Manager for Ireland today. I have a rather significant update, which hopefully clears up a lot of confusion while making way for a final answer and solution to the voting issues Waterford are having.

She has informed me that;

1) Hasbro did NOT remove ANY votes from Waterford. If they wanted to do so, they must go through her first - and she says nobody in Hasbro did. The email people received from Hasbro about cheating was sent out in the wrong, and the support teams were mis-informed. Apparently, a similar voting scheme is taking place in the UK and that is where the majority of the hacking / cheating is taking place. As a result, when we enquired we were assumed to be in touch regarding the UK system - and thus, were told about these deductions.

2) She can confirm that the site was NOT hacked. There is nothing to suggest this, despite claims - which may be explained by reading the reference to the UK System in point 1.

3) As Hasbro did not authorize any deduction of votes and no hacking took place - they can not figure out where the votes went missing and how. Thus, they denied all knowledge of it.

She requested a summary of figures from her technical team for the end of each day and claims that the figures presented to her show "no sign of votes being lost" for any county. However, she claims that something must be wrong as she was informed by workers in Hasbro Waterford but also by the general public that votes were in fact lost. Thus, she wanted me to provide her with figures showing our high count, and then, our sudden low vote count.

As members of the large Boards.ie website have been posting on the Waterford Forum, they have been posting all the top 8 counties and their votes, and sometimes even the difference between the two sets of votes. I quoted Waterford's figures from the first post to figures posted before the leader board was removed, and also dates/times. I have emailed her the full topic so she can see the full figures of other counties. She can see the drop with these figures, and will now go about finding out what happened and how are there two different sets of figures.

It will take sometime but she has assured me she will do her level best and will give us back our missing votes, as there is no problem there at all. They are getting an independent group to check the votes when voting has been completed, as they want the voting to be fair and no cheating. She will contact me to update me on how things are going, sometime next week.

I have informed her that people can not vote with valid emails, but we both agreed its to late to email Hasbro to get it fixed (as per earlier requests by them). When asked my opinion from a non-technical perspective, I explained that the website a lot of the time allows people to vote more then once with the same IP (Internet address) or Email address and that despite us informing them of cheaters and of our vote deduction nothing was done to solve the problem and assure that it does not continue.

So, at last we have some answers (and proper ones) and a confirmed investigation into the matter. Hope this is good news to most people!

Best Regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

so whats rhe story with ths then? is it over?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

so whats rhe story with ths then? is it over?

Games over, they'll make the board game and somebody in Waterford will leak the details before it hits the shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

where were we when someone last looked? Also was anything done about the bots?

OK an update:

The votes have been counted, and there were some areas of cheating involved. Non-genuine votes have not been counted. There is one "supprise" in regards to votes for one county we marked as suspicous, but she wouldnt expand any further.

Waterfords "missing votes" were put into quarentine, as the computer marked them as suspicous. They have been accepted and added to the final vote count. Apparently, we will be "very pleased" with the final outcome of our result - but again, wouldnt expand further.

The results will be out in September apparently. I have some more news, but I need to contact two people before I give it - ill post it as soon as I can tho.

Advertisement