Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

window blinds

Options
  • 13-05-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hia dont know if im posting in the right places but here we go anyway :-)

I have a bay window in my bedroom and have blackout roller blinds up one small one on either side and a large on in the middle.

THE PROBLEM - Its nice when having breaky in bed to open the main blind a little to let in the light BUT when sitting in bed I can see across the road into a neighbours garden!

THE QUESTION - is it possible to change the blind and get one that can be pulled up instead of down to close? This would enable me to still enjoy the view in the morning but not be looking in other peoples gardens.

Was thinking that the blind may sit on the windowsill in a box type storage contraption and it could by pulled up on a pulley thing (lot of guessing)

Anyway thanks for looking. Comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

Bottom up blinds actualy exist and are exactly as you describe, but i've only come across them a few times.
    Can't find the manufacturer at the moment. It is possible to alter a standard spring roller to do what you want but the roller exposed on window board is a dirt catcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

ddoes1 wrote:
    THE PROBLEM - Its nice when having breaky in bed to open the main blind a little to let in the light BUT when sitting in bed I can see across the road into a neighbours garden!

THE QUESTION - is it possible to change the blind and get one that can be pulled up instead of down to close? This would enable me to still enjoy the view in the morning but not be looking in other peoples gardens.

It might be easier ho hang a second venitian style blind, so in the AM, you could open the blackout blind and just use the venitian blind for privacy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Window Fashions in Terenure (Dublin) do these.
    They also do translucent blinds that you can see out of and let lots of light in but are pretty much opaque from the outside.
    We have them on all the front windows of our house...they are cool.
    We got 3 windows (sitting room, double bedroom and box room) supplied and fitted for about €300.

Advertisement