Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for eating & drinking

• 13-05-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few friends are heading to Belfast soon and I am looking for recommendations on where to dine up there.

We are looking for somewhere that has a good selection of dishes and maybe caters well for group bookings of 10.

Also, can anyone recommend a good late night bar in Belfast city?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Thanks Biko, but would rather a personal recommendation than one from a site...so all recommendations welcomed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

The restaurant Olio is fantastic, a tad pricey, bit worth it.
    There are loads of places though - all depends on what you're looking for.
    Regarding the bar - what sort of place had you in mind? More of a night club or a good aul' bar with Guinness and noise?

The bar would be somewhere we can go and sit down but opens late with music. Not a nightclub really, more so a late night bar, that plays all sorts of music.

Restaurant - I don't mind paying money for good food and service...as I said there will be about 10 of us, so somewhere that caters well for groups would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

I'll 2nd Olio, great food and atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Bit late but Serai off botantic and University is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Some nice bars (hopefully not too out of date, haven't been to some for a while). In my order of pref:

The Spaniard

The Rotterdam

The Menagerie

Bar 12

Maddens

The Apartment

The Garrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sara33

I would recommend BENEDICTS. It is a hotel with top class dining and also has live bands or d,j every night. Booking required!

Thanks guys...keep the recommendations coming. I am not going for a few weeks so anything else is greatly appreciated.

White's Tavern

The Empire

Northern Whig

You really going to get time to check all these out? Good man! *applauds*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

stovelid wrote:
    Some nice bars (hopefully not too out of date, haven't been to some for a while). In my order of pref:

The Spaniard

The Rotterdam

The Menagerie

Bar 12

Maddens

The Apartment

The Garrick

Good choices there Stovelid. A man after my own heart. The Garrick is great on Sunday nights. I go there nearly every Sunday. On the last day before the smoking ban came in up here they were giving away free cigars which was cool. Unfortunately the Menagerie has closed down now. I had many, erm, "interesting" nights in there.:D

Spaniard is great too but they let far too many people in at the weekend and gets ridiculously busy.

Also don't forget the Duke of York!

Jigsaw wrote:
    Good choices there Stovelid. A man after my own heart. The Garrick is great on Sunday nights. I go there nearly every Sunday. On the last day before the smoking ban came in up here they were giving away free cigars which was cool. Unfortunately the Menagerie has closed down now. I had many, erm, "interesting" nights in there.:D

Spaniard is great too but they let far too many people in at the weekend and gets ridiculously busy.

Also don't forget the Duke of York!

Aye, forgot the DOY. The John Hewitt is in that neck of the wood too OP.

Have some very hazy memories of the menagerie too. :)

Hadn't been there for a few years now but sad to hear that.

stovelid wrote:
    You really going to get time to check all these out? Good man! *applauds*
    Ah sure we will try...but I am female.....LOL!

robo wrote:
    Ah sure we will try...but I am female.....LOL!

:o Sorry for some reason (i.e being thick) , I thought robo sounded like a lad. :o

It is a nickname of my surname as oppose to my first name...done by loads on here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

On the internet you are assumed to be male until the hot pix prove otherwise.

Advertisement