Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aygo rear window rattle

Options
  • 13-05-2007 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has come across a rattle in the rear window of an aygo/c1/107?

On straight roads at 50 - 100 kmph the rear window in my aygo starts to rattle at a point where I havent figured out just yet. The boot is empty and it stops if someone in the back just puts their hand on the window.

Maybe some of the Toyota experts might help me out. Is it stupid to turn up at a Toyota garage and tell them theres a rattle in it?

I was hoping the days of rattles were over after getting rid of the punto :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Most Aygos are still within their warranty..

So if anything, you're fully entitled to enquire as to why your practically new car is rattling.

You have a warranty for a reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

go back to your dealer , customer satisfaction is the most important thing to toyota , my wife had a slight problem with her new yaris(the mud flaps that she had fitted fell off half way home from the dealer) and rang toyota instead of the dealer and the sh** really hit the fan , she had the car collected within the hour , she was given a 06 corolla overnight , the car was given a full tank of petrol from the dealer and valeted and toyota rang her about 4 times afterwards to make sure everything else was ok
    ps apart from the rattle how is the aygo going ? my son is thinking of buying one in the next month or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

fitzdragon wrote:
    ps apart from the rattle how is the aygo going ? my son is thinking of buying one in the next month or so

Its only rattling from time to time and its not serious at all. I am absolutely delighted with the Aygo. Its simple, comfortable, lovey to be in, and has no problem booting along at 120kmph if you're on a motorway, or at 20kmph in town.

I'd absolutely wholeheartedly recommend it. I fill the tank for €37 and I got almost 600km out of that last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd imagine the rattle is coming from the opener catch on the rear window. There is no plastic trim around the rear door, so it's probably that. Make sure you get the modified boot door catch button from Toyota when you're in there. the original can stick when you press it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HeyPaulie

colm_mcm wrote:
    I'd imagine the rattle is coming from the opener catch on the rear window. There is no plastic trim around the rear door, so it's probably that. Make sure you get the modified boot door catch button from Toyota when you're in there. the original can stick when you press it in.

Off the point a bit but, What age group is the Aygo appealing to?

Toyota are pushing it at 18-26 bracket, do you think the jammer has cred?:confused:

I thinkthe aygo appeals to micra drivers as well who tend to be Mid Aged ladies. Do yoiu know many male aygo owners?

• Advertisement

Welcome to Boards,

Main buyers for the aygo tend to be females under 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I aint no woman :D

I got mine because I work 5 minutes drive from my house and my partner has a bigger engined car so we use that for longer drives. The Aygo suited my need for a small, petrol light car. No complaints so far apart from the window!

By the way.. I brought the car out and because the rattle is coming and going, they refused to look at it because it wasnt happening at the time. Hey presto.. 2 days later.. rattle rattle rattle...

They told me to book it in again when its happening.. but sure they only have booking slots a week in advance so Murphy's law states it'll be gone again.

Its driving me loooolaaaa!

You bought yours second hand, so that doesn't count, Trotter.
    Incidentally, your's isn't WW reg by any chance is it?

Advertisement