Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Car Service

Options
  • 13-05-2007 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Hi guys Where is the cheapest place to get a VW Polo serviced.Its a 2000 model with no service history so i would like to get it serviced from a proper vw garage this time and get a stamp

Does anyone know how much it would cost and where would be the cheapest in dublin and i dont mind travelling to find a bargain :)

Also how much would a Timing belt be for this car if i need it as it hasnt been changed and is 7 years old.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Get yourself a few prices before you make a decision. Also ask yourself why you want a VW service history to begin at this point - it may make the car easier to sell, but it may not recover the cost of a main dealer especially as you have no previous history.

If you are prepared to travel then you'll find that, in general, labour charges outside of Dublin are considerably cheaper. Most Dublin dealers will be almost identical with labour charges. Of your closest dealers, I'd be inclined to stay well away from MSL Pottery Road - Fosters would be a better bet, but still expensive.

If it was my car (and I do own a 2000 VW) I wouldn't go near a main dealer. I've a great independent guy who services my car and he always uses genuine VW parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I get my 01 Polo serviced at Browne Motors in Tallaght. Genuine people, good work.

nipplenuts wrote:
    I get my 01 Polo serviced at Browne Motors in Tallaght. Genuine people, good work.

I'll second that. But if you have a preference for VW parts you will have to tell them - otherwise they will use spurious, but usually from Otto or similar so the parts will still be of reasonable quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Thanks guys, Im thinking of getting it serviced 1st or 2nd week of june.
    I will get afew quotes first. I have used bradys before and they were cheaper than most people e.g. MSL and fosters so i might call them again and see what they say.
    I want to get a VW service because i can make sure everything is perfect and it might help me sell the car instead of having no service history at all.

drdre wrote:
    Thanks guys, Im thinking of getting it serviced 1st or 2nd week of june.

Most VW dealers in Dublin are already booked out beyond mid-June. I went to book an A4 in with Brady's two weeks ago and I the earliest I was offered was early June. Belgard Motors are now taking bookings for late June. If you really need it done in early June then get on the phone first thing tomorrow!

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote:
    Most VW dealers in Dublin are already booked out beyond mid-June. I went to book an A4 in with Brady's two weeks ago and I the earliest I was offered was early June. Belgard Motors are now taking bookings for late June. If you really need it done in early June then get on the phone first thing tomorrow!

Yeah they are really busy.I will get on the phone this week and book for late june.Im actually trying to find a service book and wallet then i would book.First i need to ring fosters and see if they can order me a service book if not i need to get it from ebay

drdre wrote:
    Yeah they are really busy.I will get on the phone this week and book for late june.Im actually trying to find a service book and wallet then i would book.First i need to ring fosters and see if they can order me a service book if not i need to get it from ebay
    If you get a new service book remember this - it won't have the duplicate vehicle information sticker on the inside cover, nor will it have the PDI section stamped. I think you're gonna be spending a lot of money that you will never recover by going to a main dealer. If it were me buying your car when you go to sell it it would be painfully obvious that the service book was replaced.................

crosstownk wrote:
    If you get a new service book remember this - it won't have the duplicate vehicle information sticker on the inside cover, nor will it have the PDI section stamped. I think you're gonna be spending a lot of money that you will never recover by going to a main dealer. If it were me buying your car when you go to sell it it would be painfully obvious that the service book was replaced.................

Yeah you might be right, I will look into it and see what it will cost me.If its too much i might just leave it and get it serviced normally with genuine parts.

Advertisement